What's new

Wireless >Wirless MAC Filter need help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sunny786

Regular Contributor
i’m trying to setup MAC filter for all of my network devices to MAC filter mode ACCEPT. Now do I have to add MAC addresses of all the wireless devices for all three bands individually because under basic config option band has 2.4G, 5G-1, 5G-2. Or just add the MAC addresses under any one of these bands that will take care for all bands to recognize selected devices.
Second question is how to MAC filter of wired devices? I don’t see any option for wired devices MAC filter.

You have to setup the filter lists for each band individually.

You can't setup filter lists for wired devices, it's a wireless feature.

You have to setup the filter lists for each band individually.

You can't setup filter lists for wired devices, it's a wireless feature.
But i was able to set up on DLink routers. Is there any other way to block the wired devices from network which are not in my static IP list?

Is there any other way to block the wired devices from network which are not in my static IP list?
No. With Merlin's firmware you could create a customised dnsmasq config that only gave out addresses for devices in your list, but that wouldn't stop someone from manually configuring their IP address and connecting to your network.

Is there any other way to block the wired devices from network which are not in my static IP list?
Unplug the network cable? :)

A dnsmasq sounds like an option. I think the real question is what are you really trying to protect here? MACs and IPs can be altered manually so are you fooling yourself with a false sense of security?

Last edited: