What's new

Wireless with Best Wired

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Geosoph

New Around Here
Greetings,

I have been looking through the reviews, and just when I think I have found the router something debunks my choice. I do not have the technical understanding of routers needed to make an informed choice.

What I am looking for is a quality GB wired router with wireless capabilities, my main focus is the GB wired.

The uses are HD Streaming, VoIP, Multisession.

A quality router with that can handle any common networking task via wired with wireless ability.

Thank you

Given your focus on gigabit wired, a good thing to consider is getting one or more gigabit switches. They're $30 or so now.
Since your ISP's speed is nowhere near 100Mbps much less gigabit, the switches will enable your LAN and PCs to run at gigabit speeds if they have such LAN interfaces, and are fast PCs.

The router can be a $50 WiFi router, 11g or 11n. Matters little.
Connect a LAN port on the router to a switch port.

No sense paying a premium for a router with a built-in gigabit switch. It's truly very hard to reach 100Mbps of net IP layer yield (not the WiFi speed) with 11n.