What's new

WNDR3700 v2 - will I notice the performance hit against a v1?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

db9

Occasional Visitor
Hello..
I look at the charts (and try to understand :)) and had thought for the price a 3700 would be a good buy.. unfortunately I see that the v2 is a drop compared to v1... will I notice?
Here in Canada the 3700 v2 is easy to find at a decent $ (@$115 - $130) where a e4200 is hard to find (only Future Shop and $170)
Should I consider the RT-N56U?

Back ground....
Doing a 'new' install in my house - running cat5 where I can, connecting to 1G switch - I will have 2 MoCa's so I can hard connect a desktop and in one area and to the other I wish to add a dual band (simultaneous) to supply the upstairs and I will add a second dual band for downstairs and this will be the DHCP as well. The house is such that one router set as AP can not supply upstairs and downstairs - so I plan to have 2.

iTouch will want to connect, Laptops are 'N' (Mac's) all desktops and server are 1G NIC's - Xbox & PS3 are 10/100 or 'G' - adding to the mix will me a media center - that may or may not be hardwired (depending upon where it it ultimately located) and a 'G' WiFI printer (hense the need for a 'G' band.

Moving files, music and video

Thanks...

If you want the latest or "best" from Netgear look at the new WNDR3800 or the WNDR4500. Keep in mind that "best" doesn't always means "best" for all users.

I have a WNDR3700V2 and am quite happy with it. I can sustain about 10MB/s to my NAS over 5Ghz. I'm pretty happy with that. I will confess though that I'm using the 3700 as an AP only.

If you want the latest or "best" from Netgear look at the new WNDR3800 or the WNDR4500. Keep in mind that "best" doesn't always means "best" for all users.

I have a WNDR3700V2 and am quite happy with it. I can sustain about 10MB/s to my NAS over 5Ghz. I'm pretty happy with that. I will confess though that I'm using the 3700 as an AP only.
I'd stay away from Netgear all together. Nothing but DHCP problems. Stay with Linksys.