What's new

WNDR4500v2 Losing SSID

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

greywolfe

Occasional Visitor
New, couple of weeks old, Netgear WNDR4500v2 just start losing the 2.4GHz SSID.

Code:
2.4GHz Wireless Devices (Wireless intruders also show up here)
SSID	IP Address	MAC Address	Device Name
--	--	28:92:4A:BE:50:F2	--

This happened for the first time yesterday evening. At that point I rebooted the router from the web interface. Now tonight, same thing. At this point I am the only wireless user on the network. Naturally switched to 5GHz and that is working fine.

As can be seen in the code box above, my 2.4GHz ssid has disappeared. Not sure how to proceed with trouble shooting. Rebooting router all the time is not an acceptable option.

FYI, running the following firmware version,V1.0.0.54_1.0.33

Last edited:
Update:

Went into settings for the 2.4GHz frequency and changed the channel setting from 'Auto' to a specific channel, in the case, 11. Things seem to be working fine now. At least for the time being.

Could have been a quirk where when you initially set it up it didnt properly write the SSID to its internal memory. Switching the channel may have caused it to rewrite its data. If you still have this issue exchange the router. Its defective.

Bob Silver
Netgear

Could have been a quirk where when you initially set it up it didnt properly write the SSID to its internal memory. Switching the channel may have caused it to rewrite its data. If you still have this issue exchange the router. Its defective.

Bob Silver
Netgear

Thanks bobsilver for the reply.

Will see how things go. Hopefully, no more problems.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!