What's new

Would there be any interest if I added integrations to my addons, e.g. healthcheck.io, conditional notifications (e.g. email, Discord webhook)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would there be any interest if I added integrations to my addons, e.g. healthcheck.io, Discord webhook?

https://healthchecks.io/ offers monitoring of cron jobs, so this would apply to addons that run regularly, such as connmon and spdmerlin

Email notification/Discord webhook would be for posting an alert if a certain condition if met (e.g. connmon latency, spdmerlin speed, or even a notification of every test run)
Indeed it's useful! But, I just tried it and it fails :( The URL works from a browser and returns OK.

Healthcheck Configuration

c1. Set Healthcheck UUID
Currently: https://hc-ping.com/6ede8c9a-26fa-4917-912c-25cae6612d5e

Cron schedule for Healthchecks.io configuration: */3 * * * *

cs. Send a test healthcheck notification

e. Go back

##############################################################

Choose an option: cs

Healthcheck ping failed to send

Press enter to continue...

@Lord Lovaduck Healthchecks.io works Ok for me with Connmon - try just using the UUID not the full URL, that’s what I have in my config?
Thanks Stephen!
Finally it worked. With two changes.
First, for the TEST button to work you need to enable the service. Quoting Elton John's "Your Song", "it may be quite simple but now that it's done..."

I have tried removing https://, switching to http://, then the UUID alone. All without activating the service.
Then I activated the service, saved with the full URL. Tested. That didn't work.
I missed the one combo that works.... Oh well!

The problem is that the healthchecks site calls "UUID" the entire URL, and that's confusing
A couple words in the page would help understand what to enter and how to test.
The test button smartly asks me to save, but, doesn't say activate first.
Honestly, I would simply take that whole URL as input since you cut and paste it from the site and presto, but "who am I to judge" said Kaecilius to Dr. Strange, then tried to kill him :) ;)

Thanks Jack! As always, great work.

Hi Jack, Only came across this nice integration now! After using Conmon for several years already...

One question I hope you or others can help with; the cron runs every 30 min which I would like to shorten. I've checked the regular cron file (crontab -e) but couldn't find a line regarding the healthcheck.io, only the regular conmon but that doesn't effect the healthcheck.io interval.

Where can I edit that? Or alternatively, any intention to make it editable in the web-interface like the other conmon settings?

Hi! This is set on the healthcheck.io website. Since the check is made externally to your IP address or better yet your dynamic name. You need to set up an account with them. It's free. And you can have a basic check running quite fast. Feel free to ask more if you need. Works like a charm!

Hi Jack, Only came across this nice integration now! After using Conmon for several years already...

One question I hope you or others can help with; the cron runs every 30 min which I would like to shorten. I've checked the regular cron file (crontab -e) but couldn't find a line regarding the healthcheck.io, only the regular conmon but that doesn't effect the healthcheck.io interval.

Where can I edit that? Or alternatively, any intention to make it editable in the web-interface like the other conmon settings?
Just as an FYI, Jack is not maintaining or actively developing for Asus-Merlin. He tossed in the towel when his Asus Router died and subsequently discovered the awesomeness of PfSense.