What's new

WPA2/WPA3 and AImesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ninko

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I have a RT-AX88U as the main router and a RT-AX58U as a node.
When selecting WPA2 my Samsung S8 phone will happily switch to the node, but when selecting WPA2/WPA3 it refuses.
Now I know my phone's doesn't support WPA3 but as I'm selecting both security standards it should just connect using the one it does support, shouldn't it?

Thanks

Hi,
I have a RT-AX88U as the main router and a RT-AX58U as a node.
When selecting WPA2 my Samsung S8 phone will happily switch to the node, but when selecting WPA2/WPA3 it refuses.
Now I know my phone's doesn't support WPA3 but as I'm selecting both security standards it should just connect using the one it does support, shouldn't it?

Thanks

Perhaps it should. Perhaps one more reason to ignore WPA3 until it works like it should... it may take awhile for all the pieces to fall in place.

OE

Perhaps it should. Perhaps one more reason to ignore WPA3 until it works like it should... it may take awhile for all the pieces to fall in place.

OE
Working just fine here with mixed WPA2/3 personal wifi devices

It appears it's not just the nodes but the main router too, but it seems to mainly affect 2.4ghz only devices.
Has anyone else had connection problems when using the wpa2/wpa3 mixed mode?

Thanks

I have the same setup (AX88 main, AX58 node) and WPA2/WPA3 works just fine. When using 384.18, one or two very old devices required setting to WPA2 only in order to connect the first time, but since upgrade and WPS reset no issues at all. My wife had an S8 which was fine, since replaced by S10 with which is also fine.