What's new

WRP500-A-K9 WRP500_1.0.1_002ES01 Patch Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adamson

Occasional Visitor
I decided to share the firmware patch via dropbox. Notify me and include email for link to drop box.

This is a patch from Cisco, Special ES firmware to address the sole current vulnerability for subject device. Not a virus, not fake, real. This addresses the man in the middle vulnerability for the WRP500-A-K9. If you have a European version this will not apply to you.

This replaces firmware version 1.0.1.002 release. Back up your config of WRP500-A-K9 prior to installing new version.

"Engineering Specials (ES) are created for critical customer fixes on the currently-supported release. Once a new firmware release is available, no additional ESs are created for the older release. Future ESs are only created for the new release. ES loads applied to a released image are not necessarily included in the next released image if they are created after the code freeze date. For that reason, the ES loads might not appear in the release until two releases after the initial distribution of the ES."

New firmware does not make any changes to your device settings. Just patches it for issue.

Attachments

• Cisco WRP500 Platform.png
    Cisco WRP500 Platform.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
If you could, please share the link to celtic412 at gmail dot com. I've been looking everywhere for this. This router has been rock solid and I dont want to have to throw it out as a result of the vulnerability. It would be a waste of hardware. Thank you.

Cel

If you could, please share the link to celtic412 at gmail dot com. I've been looking everywhere for this. This router has been rock solid and I dont want to have to throw it out as a result of the vulnerability. It would be a waste of hardware. Thank you.

Cel
Just checking in here. Will do!

Hi adamson, fellow (SWFL) Floridian here! I just recently purchased a WRP500-A-K9 (edited) "open box" at a great price, and would like to mitigate the MITM issue as well. Please add me to your list!

Thanks
petmedic at_hotmaildotcom

Last edited:
Hi adamson, fellow (SWFL) Floridian here! I just recently purchased a WRP500-A-K9 (edited) "open box" at a great price, and would like to mitigate the MITM issue as well. Please add me to your list!

Thanks
petmedic at_hotmaildotcom
sent link.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!