What's new

WRT-Merlin on RT-AX92U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asusnewbie

New Around Here
Is anyone doing this? I do not see it in the supported list, but was not sure if it would possibly work or not?

This model is not supported at the moment.

Is there any chance of Merlin coming to the Ax92u?

I bought it thinking that support for Merlin would arrive due to its quality and power plus there is a large list of users who use it as sales were and are going well for that model.

But now I'm starting to worry because recently support for the ax11000 came out which also came out in 2018 but a few months after the ax92u?

Can you give me any clue about it?

I also have Ax92U. It is amazing. Steady signal, solid routing, very good gaming prioritization. But, we have to bare Asus latest beta firmware atm. I also hope for a Merlin fw on it. Ax56U could be dropped in favor of Ax92U.

I use a couple of these routers as well and have found them to be great units. It's been a couple years now however and I don't think Merlin is coming to the ax92u.

Yes, everything is running smootly.
P.S. My usecase: I have 2x RT-AX92U running in Mesh (wired backbone).
1669637907247.png

Normal stuff, as you'd expect from Merlin: https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/features
In my particular case - I had some stability issues with guest network & configuration, so was looking around for alternatives.
(And I already had positive previous experience with Merlin stability on RT-AC68u mesh)
Are all problems gone on my RT-AX92U? Not yet. But because of few tweaks here and there, and expansion possibilities - I'll stick to Merlin. At least for now.

I have the same 2 rt-ax92u in mesh (wired backbone). I was able to upgrade merlin firmware on the mesh node but when upgrading the mesh router came with an error: "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."
Any ideas?
Thanks

Disconnect USB drives, if you have any, reboot the router and try again. It needs free RAM to perform firmware upgrade.

The file with .w extension is the firmware file. AiMesh functionality is included.