What's new

WTB used ethernet extenders

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smyler316

New Around Here
Anyone have anything like some Patton 2160's, 2168's, 2173's, etc they want to part with on the cheap...or any other type of ethernet extender? I need to get signal from a central location out to 2 remote locations. The distance is only about 500ft but I need to work over copper. HPNA gear would work too. I currently am using HPNA 10M equipment but my Linksys HPRO200 router won't let the IP address from the company server get through. I need to cure this problem so I can get all the computers onto the company domain.
Tyler

Anyone have anything like some Patton 2160's, 2168's, 2173's, etc they want to part with on the cheap...or any other type of ethernet extender? I need to get signal from a central location out to 2 remote locations. The distance is only about 500ft but I need to work over copper. HPNA gear would work too. I currently am using HPNA 10M equipment but my Linksys HPRO200 router won't let the IP address from the company server get through. I need to cure this problem so I can get all the computers onto the company domain.
Tyler

What speed, how many nodes do you need at each location?

If not gigabit, will an unmanaged switch work for you? 500ft over copper shouldn't be a challenge, I've seen router to switch distances of 250 Meters on good cable.

The Pattons are usu needed to handle much greater distances.

I'm currently running HPNA 2.0 10M gear so any speeds over that is fine. I need to send 2 lines out from my central location and I only need one output at each of the 2 remote locations.

I agree that the Patton gear is a bit overkill but I'm stuck transmitting over old phoneline so I need HPNA or something like a Patton extender. Running new lines and wireless are not options. I know that an extender setup will solve my IP addressing issue. I thought I could solve it by replacing the HPNA router with a bridge but it didn't seem to work.

When I swapped one of my bridges in and took the router out it killed my connection speeds. Maybe just replacing it all with HPNA 3.0 bridges would solve it too...not sure.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!