What's new

x3mRouting x3mRouting issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brainstorm

Regular Contributor
I played about with x3mRouting for some time earlier this year, but ran into lots of issues because I use Express and Nord, both of whom require 'Accept DNS Configuration' gets set to Exclusive, which causes x3mRouting major issues. I EVENTUALLY followed xentrk's advice, gave up on x3mRouting and deleted it. Or so I thought. I've just upgraded my AC86U to 386.3.2 to take a look at VPN Director. Whilst loading the new software, I thought I may as well remove the USB drive, but I find that the router doesn't work unless it's in place. I can see the jffs directory is still there, with a whole host of files and directories inside it. No x3mRouting under /addons, but i can still see

1634985588369.png

these files here, and I suspect others under other directories.
I guess I could remove the memory stick, cold-start the router (factory default) and then load the latest Merlin version, but being a bit of a fiddler, I wondered if anyone can tell me a) what's happening, and b) is there a way to recover WITHOUT a factory reset?

The nat-start won’t be run due to the date/time added to the filename. See what’s in the other 3 files, and what’s in the /jffs/configs directory.

Questions about Merlin add-ons (like x3mRouting) should be posted in the Asuswrt-Merlin AddOns forum.

Thanks for the reply dave14305. As per Colin's telling-off, I've cut and pasted my post into AddOns. However, in answer to your questions....

1635011374760.png

1635011430609.png

1635011512609.png

1635011855115.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!