What's new

XT12 Frequent Web GUI freeze

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bagofchips

New Around Here
Hi folks,

I decided to take the plunge into mesh tech after I got fed up with powerline devices failing on me. It's been > 5 years, surely mesh products are pretty stable now, I thought.

Just got a pair of XT12s last week. Very disappointed with the stability to say the least. Upgraded the firmware from stock to 388.22127 for both router and node. Despite both devices not being far away from each other (wireless backhaul), I observed that the node often had a flashing blue light a few times every hour. Interestingly, I could still ping the node during these times. I googled a bit and found out some XT8 users also had a similar issue. Suggested solutions didn't really work for me. However, I did notice that the white light on the node would be back between 5-15 min.

However, what bothered me more was the unstable admin page. In both FW versions, I would get lockups after logging in / after the page is loaded (can't click on any links) etc. Sometimes the page wouldn't even load at all. In all these times, I could SSH to the router. The instability made me very uneasy because no one wants the admin page to fail when you are troubleshooting issues on the network.

To eliminate any possibility of wireless issues, I decided to do a wired backhaul with both devices seated to next each other. Yet, I'm still having the same page load issues. It has only been 10min since I made the switch so I'll give it more time. But I'm just wondering whether the freezing is due to the page waiting for the requests to complete especially when enumerating the connected clients and whether the issue is exacerbated when a node is down. There are times when I'll restart the web server but it doesn't always work.

Has anyone encountered similar issues? I considered upgrading the router to use Merlin but haven't had time to poke around on any difference it could make for this issue that I've been having. I also don't have the time to thoroughly debug it although I suspect the requests made from the page are blocking requests.

I'd appreciate any advice that comes along!

Edit: Seems like this post https://www.snbforums.com/threads/xt8-troubleshooting-log-cfg_server-possibly-an-issue.82445 has substantial info on this. Separately, I'm still a little annoyed with the node issues.

Last edited:
Hello mate, i only have 1 single router XT12 (i have to save up for another ), i updated to this FW: 3.0.0.4.388_21678
With yours it seems is tha latest BETA version? Can you try using same version as mine? as the admin UI is working fine.
(apologies if you already done this but the UI seems fine with this version with my XT12)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!