What's new

XT12 Pro - Multicast routing support?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MaleHumanUK

New Around Here
Looking to purchase the ASUS XT12 Pro mesh set.

I require support for Multicast Routing and IGMP snooping. Does anyone know if the XT12 has the ‘enable multicast routing’ option?

I can see IGMP snooping and Multicast Rate(Mbps) choice in 'Professional' Wi-Fi settings, as well as Enable multicast routing in LAN>IPTV settings, is that what you need?

Yes, I am very happy with them, much more pleased than with XT8 before as they're very stable, have great range and performance so far, work well with AX11000 in my set-up. Shame there is no USB port though, a very strange omission, as otherwise they ARE the best Wi-Fi 6 routers around, mesh or not.

I can see IGMP snooping and Multicast Rate(Mbps) choice in 'Professional' Wi-Fi settings, as well as Enable multicast routing in LAN>IPTV settings, is that what you need?
Hi @Stepalex. It is likely a long shot given that I am responding to this thread a year later, though I was wondering if you could confirm if you navigate to LAN (under Advanced Settings) > IPTV (tab) > Choose IPTV STB Port = select any port (e.g. LAN1) > does Enable multicast routing further down change to Disable with a message: Due to hardware limitation, IGMP proxy cannot co-exist with IPTV function?

untitled.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!