What's new

Release XT8 New Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_25790

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One can't set DNS that will be given to clients by DHCP, per guest ssid? I'd like my IoT stuff to use a different DNS than my regular devices.
you can setting that by using manual assigned ip at LAN -> DHCP Server -> Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list -> add device and their dns

you can setting that by using manual assigned ip at LAN -> DHCP Server -> Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list -> add device and their dns

No you can't. Has to be a LAN ip within primary network, the address range given in guest network is not allowed for DHCP reservation.
1608558360055.png

(192.168.101.210 is the IP address the device in question already had.)

Was a good idea though.

Anyone sorted lag spikes on XT8? I have Xbox connected wirelessly to the node (node to router also wirelessly) and every few minutes there is a lag spike which makes it almost impossible to play Xbox. Nothing like that if I plug my AmplifyHD back in.

I happily unloaded my XT8 on eBay for pretty close to what I paid for it and no longer have to deal with the abortion ASUS calls a mesh system. Been out for months and still dealing with issues that should have been rectified a long time ago.

Im using a Amplifi Alien stand alone router and it covers a wider area with faster speeds than the XT8 ever did. No mesh required and it been rock solid for over a month without any issues. They actually pushed out a beta firmware update the same day the firmware bug was found by a user within a couple of hours of being notified.

I happily unloaded my XT8 on eBay for pretty close to what I paid for it and no longer have to deal with the abortion ASUS calls a mesh system. Been out for months and still dealing with issues that should have been rectified a long time ago.

Im using a Amplifi Alien stand alone router and it covers a wider area with faster speeds than the XT8 ever did. No mesh required and it been rock solid for over a month without any issues. They actually pushed out a beta firmware update the same day the firmware bug was found by a user within a couple of hours of being notified.

How long have you been using the new router?

OE

How long have you been using the new router?

OE

Hey OE,
About a month now, I was looking at it before but it was never in stock anywhere. Finally found one at BB. Been solid, no issues, everything works. They throw firmware updates every few weeks, awesome tech support. Expensive but I don’t have to mess with it all and that’s worth every penny. I still have my RT-AX58U if needed, still love Merlin on it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!