What's new

XT9 mesh nodes frequent reboots

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sirblade

New Around Here
I have 3 Asus XT9's. One starter set with 2 units and one extra unit. The unit running as the router is running fine. But the 2 units running as AI mesh access point are rebooting themselves regularly, often at the same time. I've been in contact with Asus support, gotten a new starter set, turned off as many features as possible but they're still unreliable. I have SSH access to the units, but since I'm not a linux/networking export that doesn't help me much. Can anyone point me towards a solution? Doesn't have to be a full solution, as long as it's something I can get started with.

Things I found so far that seem to make it more stable:

2.4 GHz
Set channel bandwidth to 20 MHz
Control channel to 11
Roaming Assistant Enable Disconnect clients with RSSI lower than : -80 dBm

5.1 GHz-1: disable 160 Mhz and set control channel to 64

control channel to 64

I don't know why your nodes reboot, but this control channel is in DFS range. Your Wi-Fi may be interrupted by radar signal detected.

I used to see some messages in the log about radar till I switched of 160 Mhz and set the control channel. I'll try another channel.

/edit: switched from 64 to 36

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!