What's new

YazFi YazFi and SSDP across guest networks.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

seashell

New Around Here
As the title suggests I'm seeking help getting SSDP to communicate across YazFi configured guest networks. I'm trying to make media devices like rokus and firesticks discoverable from the 2.4G guest network (wl0.1) even though they're on a 5G network (wl1.1 / wl2.1).

As a simple example a roku sits on guest wl2.1. By default I cannot detect it via an ssdp m-search from any network other than wl2.1. However, if I enter the following entries into iptables and ebtables I can discover it from the wired lan, but still not from other guest networks. (I have no devices on a non-guest wireless network to compare.)

iptables -I FORWARD -i wl2.1 -p udp -m udp --sport 1900 -j ACCEPT
ebtables -I FORWARD -o wl2.1 -p IPv4 --ip-proto udp --ip-dport 1900 -j ACCEPT

Adding the other guest networks with similar entries, and all allowed permutations of -i/-o and sport/dport hasn't helped. The ttl of the m-search query is 4 and the roku's reply is 64 so I don't think that's the issue.

Hopefully it's something simple I'm missing but I'm at a loss for why I can cross subnets from guest wlan to lan, but not from guest wlan to guest wlan.

onewaytoguest is true, clientisolation is false, redirectalltovpn is false.

I can ping the roku from the other guest networks, I just can't get the ssdp handshake to work.

Alternatively, is there a way to make YazFi configure multiple guest networks to be on the same subnet, but still separate from the wired lan subnet?

Why are you using Guest networks (and YazFi) if you don't want them segregated?

I do want them segregated (especially from the wired lan). I want to couple one 2.4G with one 5G guest network.

The wired results were an experiment. Any final rules will be more specific to couple just the two particular guest networks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!