What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if i try to login to guest it wont connect and says unable to assign IP and internet is unavailable

@Joshuajackson so you're using YazFi scripts too? In your other thread, you didn't mention this? :oops:

@Joshuajackson so you're using YazFi scripts too? In your other thread, you didn't mention this? :oops:
I am now, because it looked interesting plus i like the features it has. The issues i have with the router i still had even when i never installed YazFi.

Figure it out what the problem was causing it, it was "Client Isolation"

Got a weird issue, Redirect Clients to VPN gives the Guest network no internet access, ive seen someone having the same issue here on this forum he fixed it by forwarding Port but still same issue for me. Anybody got a clue what im doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/7LXePfB

well of course redirecting the guest to a non-configured/off VPN client isn't going to work...
Sorry for being dumb lol I never knew you had to do it. Do I have to use VPN in order to get client isolation working? Because whenever I enable client isolation I cant connect to guest network.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Sorry for being dumb lol I never knew you had to do it. Do I have to use VPN in order to get client isolation working? Because whenever I enable client isolation I cant connect to guest network.

No, client isolation is a wireless radio setting that stops WiFi clients on the same network from being able to talk to each other. Which router and F/w?

The postconf file should have been emptied so restarting avahi won't enable reflector

But it's not. Still there:

#!/bin/sh
echo "" >> "$1"
echo "[reflector]" >> "$1" # YazFi
echo "enable-reflector=no" >> "$1" # YazFi

I've changed yes to no manually. Is it safe to delete all the lines?

I'm not sure how PiHole resolves names, to be honest

Would this also work with the router?

I am having a similar issue where the devices won't show on the client list in the web gui, and but in the terminal, some of them don't show up with the correct subnets. COLONIAL ONE is my 192.168.2X and there is a XX.1.96 device, which I haven't been able to ID.

I haven all the interfaces running through an activated VPN Client, which all the subnets correctly show up as. I do have one device, a laptop that I bypass the VPN and it goes through the WAN instead and it shows up as a 192.168.1.XX.

upload_2020-5-13_17-58-44.png

Would this also work with the router?

I am having a similar issue where the devices won't show on the client list in the web gui, and but in the terminal, some of them don't show up with the correct subnets. COLONIAL ONE is my 192.168.2X and there is a XX.1.96 device, which I haven't been able to ID.

I haven all the interfaces running through an activated VPN Client, which all the subnets correctly show up as. I do have one device, a laptop that I bypass the VPN and it goes through the WAN instead and it shows up as a 192.168.1.XX.

View attachment 23465
Sometimes arp can be a bit slow to clear older entries. Does the Wireless Log in System Log report the correct IPs? Does the device itself report correctly?

No, client isolation is a wireless radio setting that stops WiFi clients on the same network from being able to talk to each other. Which router and F/w?
My router is a AX56U firmware is 384.18 alpha1 srry for late reply

Sometimes arp can be a bit slow to clear older entries. Does the Wireless Log in System Log report the correct IPs? Does the device itself report correctly?

Yes they do, appreciate it.

Specifically with the FORCE DNS setting, this should be the default gateway correct? I am forcing to VPN, however, I don't block clients if VPN goes down. So if the VPN goes down, it would drop to FORCE DNS, which if set to my gateway, would then default to my DNSFilter, which is router, which would travel through Diversion etc.?

I do/did want to add VLANs, but I only have an HND router (AC86U) which uses different utilities for VLANs, and no-one seems to have a definitive way of using them (yet).
Now, if you don't use VLANs then whatever you are using (firewall? iptables command?) allows for creating isolated subnets. I can probably write a script that uses the same commands you issue when creating the guest networks in order to create isolated subnets by tenant

DEMONIC POSSESSION!!! Update: FIXED!!! Updated all scripts with AMTM, reboot. Done!
I had some weird errors in my log.... repeating many times.
May 15 14:46:19 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda2): previous I/O error to superblock detected
May 15 14:46:19 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda2): previous I/O error to superblock detected

I couldn't identify SDA2 using fdisk -l or DF or LSusb. Should be something mounted very early in the boot process. So I rebooted and now.... a case of multiple personalities? Demonic Posession? What??? Yazfi is now spdMerlin???
Speedtest is now Connmon????
upload_2020-5-15_22-9-6.png
upload_2020-5-15_22-10-27.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!