What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi @Jack Yaz
After updating to the latest version the routing rules i have for specific destination ip:s gets deleted every reboot.
I am using proxy to route some traffic over the same vpn as one of my SSID:s.
Does this script replace the gui rules?

Hi @Jack Yaz
After updating to the latest version the routing rules i have for specific destination ip:s gets deleted every reboot.
I am using proxy to route some traffic over the same vpn as one of my SSID:s.
Does this script replace the gui rules?
It should append to the list, does it happen every time you run YazFi? Please provide replication steps and I will test here.

It should append to the list, does it happen every time you run YazFi? Please provide replication steps and I will test here.
It resets every time the script runs. I have an ip under destination on Client 1.
Code:
YazFi: YazFi v2.2.0 starting up

YazFi: wl0.1 passed validation

YazFi: wl1.1 passed validation

YazFi: wl21_ENABLED is blank, setting to false

YazFi: wl22_ENABLED is blank, setting to false

YazFi: wl23_ENABLED is blank, setting to false

YazFi: wl0.1 (SSID: 51) - VPN redirection enabled, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 2

YazFi: wl1.1 (SSID: 51) - VPN redirection enabled, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 2

YazFi: VPN Client 1 client list has changed, restarting VPN Client 1

YazFi: YazFi v2.2.0 completed successfully

It resets every time the script runs. I have an ip under destination on Client 1.
Code:
YazFi: YazFi v2.2.0 starting up

YazFi: wl0.1 passed validation

YazFi: wl1.1 passed validation

YazFi: wl21_ENABLED is blank, setting to false

YazFi: wl22_ENABLED is blank, setting to false

YazFi: wl23_ENABLED is blank, setting to false

YazFi: wl0.1 (SSID: 51) - VPN redirection enabled, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 2

YazFi: wl1.1 (SSID: 51) - VPN redirection enabled, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 2

YazFi: VPN Client 1 client list has changed, restarting VPN Client 1

YazFi: YazFi v2.2.0 completed successfully
Can you send me a screenshot of your rules for client 1 please? Also which router model and f/w?

Can you send me a screenshot of your rules for client 1 please? Also which router model and f/w?

Running ac86u on 384.5.
At the moment i am not routing a ssid over this client. I only input proxy under dest. 10.8.0.1

Attachments

• settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    111.4 KB · Views: 539
  • YazFi.config.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 604
@Jack Yaz

Did I miss something? well evidently ? Scratches head ?

I am rather fastidious about my setup this is my entry for my policy route setup.

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 14.44.31.png

Each time YazFi starts it adds in this entry,

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 14.46.13.png

I am not necessarily against it. However seems kinda problematic because I may change my route rule to WAN instead of VPN and forget to change the config file... Which one would win in this scenario?

Dont get me wrong, I think it could be useful, its just I think this might be something that the end user could select to have YazFi auto configure. But then again we get into the whole user has to many options debate. But to that I would say all of use here are not your average set of users. :cool:

Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
That was fast! was editing above :).
I wonder if the blank description is throwing it off. Can you enter a description and let me know if it still gets wiped?
EDIT: That being said, 0.0.0.0 will surely route everything, including guest wifi?

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz

Did I miss something? well evidently ? Scratches head ?

I am rather fastidious about my setup this is my entry for my policy route setup.

View attachment 13333

Each time YazFi starts it adds in this entry,

View attachment 13335

I am not necessarily against it. However seems kinda problematic because I may change my route rule to WAN instead of VPN and forget to change the config file... Which one would win in this scenario?

Dont get me wrong, I think it could be useful, its just I think this might be something that the end user could select to have YazFi auto configure. But then again we get into the whole user has to many options debate. But to that I would say all of use here are not your average set of users. :cool:

Just thinking out loud here.
Originally it showed the SSID but since users could put in a lot of different characters, it would prove tricky to validate it. So I opted for a fixed format of 2.4/5GHz Guest Network X (that change was some time ago now!)

I wonder if the blank description is throwing it off. Can you enter a description and let me know if it still gets wiped?
No change, still resets.
I am curious about "YazFi: VPN Client 1 client list has changed, restarting VPN Client 1"
No SSID is using VPN-client 1 at the moment. Does it reset because of this?

No change, still resets.
I am curious about "YazFi: VPN Client 1 client list has changed, restarting VPN Client 1"
No SSID is using VPN-client 1 at the moment. Does it reset because of this?
For whatever reason, the "original list" being read in (so your rules), is not matching the "new list". But as you say, no YazFi is pointing at client 1, so there should be no difference on the list.

To confirm steps:

1) Set up VPN Client 1 with your proxy rule
2) Run YazFi
3) Client list 1 "changes" so restarts

(do you get the "setting to false" each run as well?)

@Jack Yaz

What I found is if, I have a route rule in place it will supersede any rule you place in the list.

Testing:
I removed your entry.
Removed mine and re added to point to WAN
I then ran YazFi to allow the rule to re generated from the script. Which specifies VPN.
It was regenerated as expected.

Data:
All traffic follows my rule because it is first in the list.

At this point if I remove my rule, and click apply 5 times in the GUI, (I tried) I cannot force traffic back over your rule using the VPN until I manually re run YazFi. This is also restarting the device wifi, and refreshing the IP anything I could think of that would maybe shake the cob webs loose.

May be worth checking if the route exists and falling back to user set route. Of course I could see issues with that too. Hmm,

For whatever reason, the "original list" being read in (so your rules), is not matching the "new list". But as you say, no YazFi is pointing at client 1, so there should be no difference on the list.

To confirm steps:

1) Set up VPN Client 1 with your proxy rule
2) Run YazFi
3) Client list 1 "changes" so restarts

(do you get the "setting to false" each run as well?)
Confirmed

I am getting"setting to false" on each run.
Skipping the proxy rule and running YazFi removes message
"YazFi: VPN Client 1 client list has changed, restarting VPN Client 1"

@Jack Yaz

What I found is if, I have a route rule in place it will supersede any rule you place in the list.

Testing:
I removed your entry.
Removed mine and re added to point to WAN
I then ran YazFi to allow the rule to re generated from the script. Which specifies VPN.
It was regenerated as expected.

Data:
All traffic follows my rule because it is first in the list.

At this point if I remove my rule, and click apply 5 times in the GUI, (I tried) I cannot force traffic back over your rule using the VPN until I manually re run YazFi. This is also restarting the device wifi, and refreshing the IP anything I could think of that would maybe shake the cob webs loose.

May be worth checking if the route exists and falling back to user set route. Of course I could see issues with that too. Hmm,
Screenshot please just so I can check I'm following.

So even with YazFi rule as the only rule in the table, it doesn't go to VPN? (FYI I'm just automatically creating GUI entries for the firmware/Merlin's policy routing)

I suspect this might be something I've noticed, if a VPN client is restarted then some routing vanishes. Quick fix is add a call to YazFi in openvpn-event. Can you copy the line from firewall-start to openvpn-event and see if you can recreate your issue please?

Confirmed

I am getting"setting to false" on each run.
Skipping the proxy rule and running YazFi removes message
"YazFi: VPN Client 1 client list has changed, restarting VPN Client 1"
Setting to false is because of an older version of config file, which as it turns out is a red herring for your issue. (I recommend grabbing the latest one from the Github repo in post#1 anyway to remove that warning).

Can you try a rule routing a specific IP to your proxy, rather than from 0.0.0.0, and see what happens there? I can't test 0.0.0.0 right now as my wife would kill me if I bring down the internet :p

Setting to false is because of an older version of config file, which as it turns out is a red herring for your issue. (I recommend grabbing the latest one from the Github repo in post#1 anyway to remove that warning).

Can you try a rule routing a specific IP to your proxy, rather than from 0.0.0.0, and see what happens there? I can't test 0.0.0.0 right now as my wife would kill me if I bring down the internet :p
Living on the edge ;)

Specific IP made no difference. I will try changing config file and report back.
Quick question: Is it possible to use same dhcp range for an SSID running on both 2,4 and 5 G ?

Living on the edge ;)

Specific IP made no difference. I will try changing config file and report back.
Quick question: Is it possible to use same dhcp range for an SSID running on both 2,4 and 5 G ?
Not in the current implementation. (it's on my list to consider, would require setting up bridges rather than individual interfaces. Not difficult, but then need to update eapd to let us authenticate

Living on the edge ;)

Can I get a screeny of client 2 policy rules too please?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!