What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Guys,

Jack - Thanks for the script - it's great! This is actually my second time writing here about YazFi, because the first time I didn't get any help, I tried digging myself but still no luck. Basically what I'm trying to do is to have 1 Guest SSID on a separate network (10.168.2.0/24) to route everything through VPN. I'm using NordVPN and I have few routing policies in the table, I need those for my IPTV to work. When enabling YazFi and pushing everything through the VPN, I can see that it adds the entry to the VPN routing table but the clients don't get internet at all. I'm using YazFi v 3.2.1
Would anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

Regards

Teymur

Hi Guys,

Jack - Thanks for the script - it's great! This is actually my second time writing here about YazFi, because the first time I didn't get any help, I tried digging myself but still no luck. Basically what I'm trying to do is to have 1 Guest SSID on a separate network (10.168.2.0/24) to route everything through VPN. I'm using NordVPN and I have few routing policies in the table, I need those for my IPTV to work. When enabling YazFi and pushing everything through the VPN, I can see that it adds the entry to the VPN routing table but the clients don't get internet at all. I'm using YazFi v 3.2.1
Would anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

Regards

Teymur
Can you run the diagnostics option d and pm me the passphrase please? File can be attached /uploaded as normal

Can you run the diagnostics option d and pm me the passphrase please? File can be attached /uploaded as normal
Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot for reaching out! Sure will do now!

Teymur

Jack,

I can't attach the diagnostics file here. Not allowed type of file. Tried zipping it... the same thing..

Teymur

OK - that setting seems broken perhaps (@RMerlin ?) - I'll patch YazFi to ignore it for the AX88U
I am experiencing now what @JohnSmith had been experiencing back in February - YazFi recycling every minute on boot with wl0.1_ap_isolate toggling between 0 and 1. The behavior ceases after running:
Code:
nvram set wl0.1_ap_isolate=1
nvram commit

I am experiencing now what @JohnSmith had been experiencing back in February - YazFi recycling every minute on boot with wl0.1_ap_isolate toggling between 0 and 1. The behavior ceases after running:
Code:
nvram set wl0.1_ap_isolate=1
nvram commit
If you restart wireless it will go back to 0 though - which is the problem

Ok, I got it to work on the AX88U by setting "clientisolation=false" but is that something that will get fixed in a future release? I would like to be able to set it to "true" so that my IOT devices can't have access to each other.
Thanks.

Ok, I got it to work on the AX88U by setting "clientisolation=false" but is that something that will get fixed in a future release? I would like to be able to set it to "true" so that my IOT devices can't have access to each other.
Thanks.
I have an idea of something that might work, but I don't have an AX88U to test with. I'll see if I can get it working on my 86U and hope it's the same!

This software sounds exactly like what I want to cobble together...except I want to use one of the LAN ethernet ports on the router (in my case an RT-AC86u). Any suggestions for how to adapt this for a wired port?

This software sounds exactly like what I want to cobble together...except I want to use one of the LAN ethernet ports on the router (in my case an RT-AC86u). Any suggestions for how to adapt this for a wired port?
I don't think anyone has figured out the syntax to create vlans on the 86u yet sadly

I'm trying to setup this script on my router but I can't tell if it will actually work. I'm currently on 3.0.0.4.374.43_39E3j9527 for John's fork.

Code:
YazFi: Welcome to YazFi v3.2.2, a script by JackYaz

YazFi: Checking your router meets the requirements for YazFi

YazFi: Router does not support xt_comment module for iptables. Is a newer firmware available?

YazFi: Custom JFFS Scripts enabled

YazFi: John's fork detected - service-event requires 374.43_32D6j9527 or later

YazFi: Please update to benefit from YazFi detecting wireless restarts

YazFi: Requirements for YazFi not met, please see above for the reason(s)

So I have been noticing that any of my IOT devices that I have set to connect to the guest network with Yazfi script setup, have trouble reconnecting on they're own after the router has been off or has been rebooted. I have to go back to each device that won't reconnect on it's own and go through the steps of setting it up to wifi again.
Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.
Using AX88U

I've been reading through almost the whole thread but I couldn't find a solution... I'm wondering whether there's a way to bridge two of the guest networks. The reasoning behind this is that I have two guest networks, one on 2.4 and one on 5, and I'd like devices on those networks to be able to talk to each other, while being isolated from the main network.

So I have been noticing that any of my IOT devices that I have set to connect to the guest network with Yazfi script setup, have trouble reconnecting on they're own after the router has been off or has been rebooted. I have to go back to each device that won't reconnect on it's own and go through the steps of setting it up to wifi again.
Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.
Using AX88U
Could you clarify what "trouble connecting" looks like please? e.g. they dont get an IP, cant see the SSID etc.?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!