What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hei, I'm currently running two router. ISP ----->Router A------>Router B. I want to config this script on Router B and i connected Router B to LAN port on my pc Windows 10 ( Without internet) and tried to paste your script using PUTTY telnet but i got the following error.. I also tried ssh but same result. Can you guide me through this? I'm running latest Merlin

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC66U 380.70-0 Sun Apr  8 18:04:34 UTC 2018
admin@RT-AC66U-33E8:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.github
usercontent.com/jackyaz/YazFi/master/YazFi.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/YazFi" && chmod
 0755 /jffs/scripts/YazFi && /jffs/scripts/YazFi install
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 1 seconds. 3 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 2 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 4 seconds. 1 retries left.
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'raw.githubusercontent.com'
admin@RT-AC66U-33E8:/tmp/home/root#

pic1.PNG
pic2.PNG

Hei, I'm currently running two router. ISP ----->Router A------>Router B. I want to config this script on Router B and i connected Router B to LAN port on my pc Windows 10 ( Without internet) and tried to paste your script using PUTTY telnet but i got the following error.. I also tried ssh but same result. Can you guide me through this? I'm running latest Merlin

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC66U 380.70-0 Sun Apr  8 18:04:34 UTC 2018
admin@RT-AC66U-33E8:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.github
usercontent.com/jackyaz/YazFi/master/YazFi.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/YazFi" && chmod
 0755 /jffs/scripts/YazFi && /jffs/scripts/YazFi install
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 1 seconds. 3 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 2 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 4 seconds. 1 retries left.
admin@RT-AC66U-33E8:/tmp/home/root#

View attachment 19717 View attachment 19718
Your date and time aren't set correctly. That causes the secure connection (https) to fail.

Yeah.. I see but unfortunately latest version is 380 for ac66u. I don't know may be OP can answer this.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
There's nothing to answer. The OP has stated the minimum requirements quite clearly. If you want to use this software you'll have to switch to John's fork.
... and set your date and time correctly. :)

... and set your date and time correctly. :)
I'd suggest his first problem is that he doesn't have a working DNS as the actual error message he got was:

That probably also explains why his date and time are not set correctly.

EDIT: He said in his OP "... i connected Router B to LAN port on my pc Windows 10 ( Without internet)". I'm not sure what he means by "Without internet", but if he means that the router doesn't have an internet connection obviously this will never work.

Hi - I am having some installation issues. I had a previous version installed and running but now I am struggling. The install script stops without error - the connection seems to stall. When running the script (a perhaps bad assumption that the install script actually upgraded the old script) causes another disconnect with no way for input (meaning I cannot select any of the menu options). I'm using WinSCP to connect to my router if this helps.

2019-11-10_10h43_01.png

9rSx02L

jRL20g1

Last edited:
I use PuTTY. Some people have recommended MobaXterm.
Thanks! I am Using PuTTY and I am getting farther! I am now getting "YazFi: No YazFi guests are enabled in the configuration file!" I am wondering if the config file changed? When I edit the file I can see my entries from the previous version of the YazFi script. Here is an excerpt from the YazFi.config file located in /jffs/configs/YazFi.config

####################################################################
###### 5 GHz Networks ######
###### Guest Network 1 (wl1.1) #####
wl11_ENABLED=true
wl11_IPADDR=192.168.2.0
wl11_DHCPSTART=2
wl11_DHCPEND=254
wl11_DNS1=128.199.162.146
wl11_DNS2=37.139.11.137
wl11_REDIRECTALLTOVPN=true
wl11_VPNCLIENTNUMBER=1

2019-11-10_11h10_27.png

question, i am running openvpn client, diversion, and stubby, any reservations to add your fantastic script?(u86u on FW 384.13) any special setup that i must do in Yazfi or router that i need to make sure? My ultimate goal is to enable guest to use VPN client only.

Hi,
I am new to YazFi but it works great on my AC87U with Merlin 384.13_1.

Now I want to use the router and YazFi to set up a separate IoT network (which I'm sure many others do as well).

My goal is to have the following:
1. All current Equipment ("Regular LAN") to stay as they are. (ip network 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.252.0)
2. IoT Equipment (Hue, Z-wave, Shelly, ip cameras, hass.io) to be put on a separate network (mix of wired and wireless) which can access other nodes and Internet but not my regular LAN. (ip network 10.3.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0)
3. I plan to put the hass.io server on 10.3.0.1 with a static IP and the rest of the stuff on DHCP
4. I need to be able to access the IoT network from the Regular LAN.
5. LAN port 4 (port number 1) on the AC87U is the VLAN trunk from the wired network with IoT being on VLAN 3.

So I basically want to extend the YazFi-controlled WLAN to include VLAN 3 from the wired network with access from VLAN 1 (Regular LAN). I also want to only allow traffic from Regular LAN to YazFi WLAN, not from YazFi WLAN to Regular LAN.

Is this a planned development for YazFi? If not, any suggestions on how I should go about it?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have YazFi installed successfully on my AC68U.

Router is configured as 192.168.0.1
LAN DHCP 192.168.0.20-254
NAS at 192.168.0.10 static
wl0.1 2.4Ghz wifi 192.168.2.2-254 (no LAN access)
wl0.2 5Ghz wifi 192.168.3.2-254 (LAN access)

1.) 2.4Ghz wifi only can access internet (no intranet)
2) 5Ghz wireless can access internet and intranet NAS and PC
3) All LAN PC and Devices cannot access Internet. (DHCP 192.168.0.20-254) except CCTV static address 2-9, 11-19

I have about 40 PC and devices on LAN wired Ethernet.

Question:

Which is the best practice to block internet access for a range of LAN IP? without affecting accessing LAN PC and NAS from 5G wifi network?

Thanks bros,
cuteh

Hi,
I am new to YazFi but it works great on my AC87U with Merlin 384.13_1.

Now I want to use the router and YazFi to set up a separate IoT network (which I'm sure many others do as well).

My goal is to have the following:
1. All current Equipment ("Regular LAN") to stay as they are. (ip network 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.252.0)
2. IoT Equipment (Hue, Z-wave, Shelly, ip cameras, hass.io) to be put on a separate network (mix of wired and wireless) which can access other nodes and Internet but not my regular LAN. (ip network 10.3.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0)
3. I plan to put the hass.io server on 10.3.0.1 with a static IP and the rest of the stuff on DHCP
4. I need to be able to access the IoT network from the Regular LAN.
5. LAN port 4 (port number 1) on the AC87U is the VLAN trunk from the wired network with IoT being on VLAN 3.

So I basically want to extend the YazFi-controlled WLAN to include VLAN 3 from the wired network with access from VLAN 1 (Regular LAN). I also want to only allow traffic from Regular LAN to YazFi WLAN, not from YazFi WLAN to Regular LAN.

Is this a planned development for YazFi? If not, any suggestions on how I should go about it?
VLAN support isnt planned at this time, due to the complication of varyinmg port assignments between models

question, i am running openvpn client, diversion, and stubby, any reservations to add your fantastic script?(u86u on FW 384.13) any special setup that i must do in Yazfi or router that i need to make sure? My ultimate goal is to enable guest to use VPN client only.
There shouldn't be, no!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!