What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

...of course Jack, completely understand ...and certainly didn't intend for you to think otherwise BTW :oops:

I have to confess that my networking knowledge is very basic/weak.... though I am always keen to learn :) .....so as yet, even the term 'Busybox' means nothing to me :confused: ...but as RMerlin mentioned Entware that certainly struck a chord as I knew the bootloader installed this as part of its routine..

I am happy to contact JACK-THINK to discuss the anomaly and I know that he is constantly expanding the add-ons to incorporate (or at least ensure compatibility with) other highly regarded scripts like YazFi to ease the install process for the pure novices like myself.

By work around, I actually meant (and should have been more specific, sorry) is there a manual install script/process to install the missing files/directories....

Certainly did not mean to offend :oops:

Thanks again

PC Pilot
I could remove the uname check - but the nvram check is needed to easily check if a given f/w supports addons. What does
Code:
nvram get rc_support
show in its entirety?

Radio off/on rather than de-auth was because my Ring doorbell and chime wouldn't reconnect properly after a de-auth (new addition to the network!)

12h was something i'd left in from ages ago, i meant to make it 24h to match the typical "default" lease. If adding extra settings wasn't such a PITA i would make it an option in YazFi :)
Thanks for the explanation, very helpful. One last question on this subject: the radio on/off only occurs when making changes or upon startup of your script, right? Not on an ongoing regular (periodic/scheduled) basis, correct?
I would think the answer is no, but just wanted to sure of that.

what does nvram get rc_support show in its entirety
It returns....

mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO nandflash smart_connect movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appbase timemachine hdspindown diskutility nfsd dnssec dblog email bwpi wrs_wbl tor HTTPS letsencrypter psta w16 optimize_xbox wifi_tog_btn user_low_rssi tcode usericon stainflo cloudcheck realip lacp wanbonding wtfast ifttt alexa ipsec_srv mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl amas bcmwifi bcmhnd conndiag eula gn_wbl amazon_wss

Thanks

PC Pilot

I could remove the uname check - but the nvram check is needed to easily check if a given f/w supports addons. What does

Don't. Rather, use the full path to uname to ensure you are hitting the one from the firmware rather than whatever people might hav einstalled under /opt/ .

Thanks for the explanation, very helpful. One last question on this subject: the radio on/off only occurs when making changes or upon startup of your script, right? Not on an ongoing regular (periodic/scheduled) basis, correct?
I would think the answer is no, but just wanted to sure of that.
Correct, the radio on/off only occurs when YazFi settings get applied. This is usually whenever the firewall or the wireless service is restarted

It returns....

mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO nandflash smart_connect movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appbase timemachine hdspindown diskutility nfsd dnssec dblog email bwpi wrs_wbl tor HTTPS letsencrypter psta w16 optimize_xbox wifi_tog_btn user_low_rssi tcode usericon stainflo cloudcheck realip lacp wanbonding wtfast ifttt alexa ipsec_srv mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl amas bcmwifi bcmhnd conndiag eula gn_wbl amazon_wss

Thanks

PC Pilot
OK am_addons is listed. Please run
Code:
YazFi develop
then use option uf once it finishes - the ASP page should download for you now

OK Jack, and many thanks for your continued assistance with this problem :) ...sorry to have put you to so much additional work :oops:

Please run YazFi develop

carried out as directed...

then use option uf once it finishes

actioned as requested reported in red text something like the following (unfortunately my terminal window has closed so I am unable to report this precisely....)

YazFi: Lock file found (age 39 seconds)

and returned to the Putty command prompt.

On the Merlin UI the result was unfortunately that there was no change at the YazFi WebUI tab :(

I now elected to run YazFi once more and option 1 (in case any changes needed to be applied to the settings). No change of result.

Finally, I elected to re-run option uf. This time the results were all in green text and indicated that the WebUI was downloaded and set as user1.asp...

Checking the WebUI revealed the full YazFi WebUI page in all its splendour so a total roaring success :D:D:D

I hope that this feedback is valuable to you and of help to other forum members.

Thank you so much for going above and beyond with your support in pursuit of user satisfaction, I hope that forum users appreciate your knowledgeable input as much as myself and can only apologise for putting you to this additional work in the first place:oops:.

An extremely chuffed (that's very very pleased for those forum members unfamiliar with the UK!)

PC Pilot

OK Jack, and many thanks for your continued assistance with this problem :) ...sorry to have put you to so much additional work :oops:

carried out as directed...

actioned as requested reported in red text something like the following (unfortunately my terminal window has closed so I am unable to report this precisely....)

YazFi: Lock file found (age 39 seconds)

and returned to the Putty command prompt.

On the Merlin UI the result was unfortunately that there was no change at the YazFi WebUI tab :(

I now elected to run YazFi once more and option 1 (in case any changes needed to be applied to the settings). No change of result.

Finally, I elected to re-run option uf. This time the results were all in green text and indicated that the WebUI was downloaded and set as user1.asp...

Checking the WebUI revealed the full YazFi WebUI page in all its splendour so a total roaring success :D:D:D

I hope that this feedback is valuable to you and of help to other forum members.

Thank you so much for going above and beyond with your support in pursuit of user satisfaction, I hope that forum users appreciate your knowledgeable input as much as myself and can only apologise for putting you to this additional work in the first place:oops:.

An extremely chuffed (that's very very pleased for those forum members unfamiliar with the UK!)

PC Pilot
Ah, the failure for uf would be because switching branch triggers a firewall restart (in fact any update of YazFi does), and this waits 60 seconds for it to complete - my apologies! With @RMerlin 's guidance on uname it is a simple enough fix, but I can't promise that the separate busybox installed in Entware won't cause any other issues down the road!

Hi Jack,
First of all this addon is really great work!
Question: Is there anyway one could
1. Reserve (bind) the IP for devices on the guest network?
2. See the devices attached to the Yazfi guest network and their corresponding IP addresses in the webgui?

I have not figured out a way to do so. If one set the router's subnetmask to 255.255.0.0 Yazfi seems to complain even if the DHCP range for the router is just set to 192.168.1.1/24.
Would it be easy to solve somehow?

Usecase:
Have some cameras on the Yazfi guest network. I don't trust them to access my entire network, so I have them on Yazfi with One way to guest and isolated from each other.
I want to hook up for example zoneminder to monitor the cameras...but for that the IPs needs to be known. The cameras don't allow me to set a static IP inside them so DHCP and IP-address binding / reserving is the only solution I can see.

Many thanks for the awesome work

Last edited:
When Guest network have WPA2 password, it doesn't work, no client can't connect.

As soon as I remove password, being an Open Network, I can connect again!

Any ideas?

When Guest network have WPA2 password, it doesn't work, no client can't connect.

As soon as I remove password, being an Open Network, I can connect again!

Any ideas?
Check if the nvram passphrase matches your input? Any errors in syslog?

Does this only happen on YazFi-enabled networks?

Hi Jack,
First of all this addon is really great work!
Question: Is there anyway one could
1. Reserve (bind) the IP for devices on the guest network?
2. See the devices attached to the Yazfi guest network and their corresponding IP addresses in the webgui?

I have not figured out a way to do so. If one set the router's subnetmask to 255.255.0.0 Yazfi seems to complain even if the DHCP range for the router is just set to 192.168.1.1/24.
Would it be easy to solve somehow?

Usecase:
Have some cameras on the Yazfi guest network. I don't trust them to access my entire network, so I have them on Yazfi with One way to guest and isolated from each other.
I want to hook up for example zoneminder to monitor the cameras...but for that the IPs needs to be known. The cameras don't allow me to set a static IP inside them so DHCP and IP-address binding / reserving is the only solution I can see.

Many thanks for the awesome work
For address reservations please see: https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/wi...e-and-ARP-records#a-note-on-dhcp-reservations

I recommend System Log -> Wireless Log if you need a WebUI place to view the correct IP addresses.

Check if the nvram passphrase matches your input? Any errors in syslog?

Does this only happen on YazFi-enabled networks?
No... I think yazfi hasn't anything to do with this problem, I have the problem since day 1. Even if I uninstall yazfi the problem persists. I can only connect to any guest Network if it is open network.
I posted here just because in this thread we are dealing with wifi, so... :)

Edit what is the nvram var?

No... I think yazfi hasn't anything to do with this problem, I have the problem since day 1. Even if I uninstall yazfi the problem persists. I can only connect to any guest Network if it is open network.
I posted here just because in this thread we are dealing with wifi, so... :)

Edit what is the nvram var?
Code:
wl0.1_wpa_psk
for example

Code:
wl0.1_wpa_psk
for example
Just checked, password stored in nvram is the correct one.

When trying to connect, it doesn't show "authentication failure" or nothing. It only keeps "connecting..." Forever

Just checked, password stored in nvram is the correct one.

When trying to connect, it doesn't show "authentication failure" or nothing. It only keeps "connecting..." Forever
Run tcpdump on the router and see what packets are coming through. Also check firewall for dropped packets

@maghuro, also 'forget' the password on the device, reboot it, and then re-associate with the router again. Make sure the SSID isn't hidden either. 8 characters, all alphanumeric, no spaces, no punctuation, no special characters, and no smiley faces. The password should have the same attributes too (but I use 16 characters there).

@maghuro, also 'forget' the password on the device, reboot it, and then re-associate with the router again. Make sure the SSID isn't hidden either. 8 characters, all alphanumeric, no spaces, no punctuation, no special characters, and no smiley faces. The password should have the same attributes too (but I use 16 characters there).
My guest password is exactly the same as my regular wifi network. I've tested many, and none of them worked...
The ssid is also the same (only changes one letter). I don't know what the problem is

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!