What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I set up a second router in repeater mode (an rt-ac66u). Assigned it static IP 192.168.2.2 in the main router (rt-ac86u) in dnsmasq.postconf (192.168.2.1 is already used by diversion) on the .2.x guest network. The repeater is set to get its address by dhcp. Repeater shows a default gateway under LAN IP tab, grayed out, 192.168.2.1 Is this ignored, i.e. does a repeater need a gateway IP as it is really just an extension of an existing network which has its own gateway? If it does need a gateway IP, should it be on the guest .2.x somewhere, or on my main .10.1 gateway? (The problem is I don't see the IOT devices from the main network when they are connected to the repeater. It could also be I have something else wrong so wanted to check if repeater on YazFi guest should work in principal)

Last edited:
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but no with technology.

First of all I want to thanks Jack for the excellent job here, I was struggling with Merlin Wiki documents on how to Setup on SSID for VPN and one for ISP, and this helped me A LOT.

I'm having a situation with my setup:

• RT-AX88U router with Merlin 384.17
  • YazFi 4.0.4 installed
  • Main IP subnet: 192.168.70.0/24
  • 3 guest 2.4 ghz Wifi networks enabled
    • wl0.1 for VPN - subnet: 192.168.71.0/24
    • wl0.2 for IoT - subnet: 192.168.72.0/24
    • wl0.3 for VPN - subnet: 192.168.74.0/24

If I see the client list on Asus network map, I see incorrect ip address:

FsskZjj.png

Checking a previous post, it was mentioned that I need to check on wireless log to see the correct IPs, but that is also not correct:

ZngNGkf.png

And if I check on YazFi, I get the corrects IPs:

hc5YNyb.jpg

I mention a situation and not an issue because and the end, YazFi is working as expected, but I wanted to know why Wireless Log I'm not getting the correct IPs.

Hope you can assist.

Regards

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but no with technology.

First of all I want to thanks Jack for the excellent job here, I was struggling with Merlin Wiki documents on how to Setup on SSID for VPN and one for ISP, and this helped me A LOT.

I'm having a situation with my setup:

• RT-AX88U router with Merlin 384.17
  • YazFi 4.0.4 installed
  • Main IP subnet: 192.168.70.0/24
  • 3 guest 2.4 ghz Wifi networks enabled
    • wl0.1 for VPN - subnet: 192.168.71.0/24
    • wl0.2 for IoT - subnet: 192.168.72.0/24
    • wl0.3 for VPN - subnet: 192.168.74.0/24

If I see the client list on Asus network map, I see incorrect ip address:

FsskZjj.png

Checking a previous post, it was mentioned that I need to check on wireless log to see the correct IPs, but that is also not correct:

ZngNGkf.png

And if I check on YazFi, I get the corrects IPs:

hc5YNyb.jpg

I mention a situation and not an issue because and the end, YazFi is working as expected, but I wanted to know why Wireless Log I'm not getting the correct IPs.

Hope you can assist.

Regards
If you check again in the DHCP lease log do you see the correct addresses? (also maybe wifi log if you wait a couple of minutes, i.e., look after it appears correctly in amtm yazfi option 2 maybe?)

If you check again in the DHCP lease log do you see the correct addresses? (also maybe wifi log if you wait a couple of minutes, i.e., look after it appears correctly in amtm yazfi option 2 maybe?)

Thanks for the answer.

If I check the DHCP lease log, I DO see the correct IP's, but Wireless log still shows incorrect information.

Regards

Thanks for the answer.

If I check the DHCP lease log, I DO see the correct IP's, but Wireless log still shows incorrect information.

Regards
I'm not sure where the wireless log pulls information from, perhaps @RMerlin can confirm?

It's possible that there's a stale entry being left on the system somewhere (I see them in arp) for the old IP and I can do a better job at clearing them.

I'm not sure where the wireless log pulls information from, perhaps @RMerlin can confirm?

It's possible that there's a stale entry being left on the system somewhere (I see them in arp) for the old IP and I can do a better job at clearing them.
I've done a bit of digging, and it looks like the IPs come from a client list generated by Network Map - so probably SOL!

v4.0.5 is now available!
Changelog:
Code:
NEW: YazFi now supports user/custom scripts. Simply save them to /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/userscripts.d with .sh as the extension, e.g. myscript.sh
CHANGED: WebUI is only mounted via services-start and not on each YazFi run
FIXED: Use explicit path for router uname
FIXED: Reapply routing rules if VPN client restarts

Using wpa auto and tkip+aes currently. However I tested with wpa2 and aes with the same problem...
Just reset the router and configured everything manually. Still the same problem.
Can't figure it out :(

I've done a bit of digging, and it looks like the IPs come from a client list generated by Network Map - so probably SOL!

Jack, I just update YazFi to version 4.0.5, reboot my router and checking WebUI and now Client list, Wireless Log and DHCP Lease are showing incorrect IP.

And now, checking IP on YazFi is not showing any IP Address:

yFvLv34.png

NEW: YazFi now supports user/custom scripts.
Can you give a couple of use case examples Jack?.... any template or format needs to be followed?

No changes in this area - https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/pull/59/files

You can try restarting dnsmasq, or flushing arp, or rebooting the device

I try all but same result. My Panasonic PRW100MEW phone was not connecting to WiFi and YazFi was not showing IPs

The I apply YazFi settings again, YazFi option 1, without changing anything, and now YazFi is showing IPs and my Panasonic phone connect fine.

DHCP leases now showing correct IP, but wireless log still shows 2 incorrect IP.

And now, checking IP on YazFi is not showing any IP Address:
Give it a few minutes. For some strange reason on my end, after making a change in YazFi it will show empty IP addresses. Sometimes they come back by themselves or if I reboot the guest devices, or in the case of IoT devices like Echo's or smart bulbs, the correct IP address shows up after triggering the device.

I'm running Merlin 384.17 with YazFi 4.0.5 on an RT-AC1900p.
I'm running two separate guest networks on 2.4ghz to segment off IoT devices and Cameras from my primary LAN. Clients on the guest networks are two Nest Cams, a Wyze Cam and a Honeywell Thermostat.

I am trying to run dual-WAN with failover (which isn't working well on 384.17 but was working, mostly, on 384.14). Primary WAN is Cox cable modem, Secondary is a Verizon LTE MiFi puck via USB.

The Issue - When I force the router to failover to the USB WAN connection, clients on the guest networks are no longer able to connect to the internet. The one camera that is on the main LAN (Nest) doesn't lose connectivity.
(I noticed this first on 384.14 and upgraded to 384.17 hoping it would resolve).

I tried rebooting the router leaving the primary WAN disconnected so it would boot up on the Secondary WAN. Initially it looked like the clients were connected, but only briefly and then they went back to showing as disconnected.

Is this expected behavior? i.e.- Is it normal for guest networks to be blocked from the secondary WAN? Is there a setting I'm missing in the UI that would allow this but maintain the separation of the guest networks from my primary LAN?

Thanks,

Todd

Any thoughts?

I did everything and I still can't connect with password :(

Does someone want to access my home network via vpn and try to solve the issue?
I'll pay if you want. Because I really need to solve that issue with great urgency. (I can only connect to guest networks WITHOUT password, if I set a password I can't connect)

Thank you so much.

Does someone want to access my home network via vpn and try to solve the issue?
I'll pay if you want. Because I really need to solve that issue with great urgency. (I can only connect to guest networks WITHOUT password, if I set a password I can't connect)

Thank you so much.
do you also have this problem if modem is factory reset and no scripts installed?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!