What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Expected, wait 30s or so and the network map should repopulate
In my case it changes to 0 as soon as someone connects and just stays there. I first noticed when QoS tab was messed up because it's missing all client list. On 384.17 ac68u

I think QoS is still working just can't see

In my case it changes to 0 as soon as someone connects and just stays there. I first noticed when QoS tab was messed up because it's missing all client list. On 384.17 ac68u

I think QoS is still working just can't see
can you check if the networkmap process starts back up?
Code:
ps | grep networkmap

Having a similar issue after the last update on a AC66u_B1.
The client list on the router is not populating and just says "searching, please wait" and under classification is just a blank window.
I tried uf and rebooted the router a couple of times without success.
Any ideas?

Those with networkmap issues, can you try running
Code:
networkmap &
in SSH after YazFi has finished running, to see if this fixes things?

Those with networkmap issues, can you try running
Code:
networkmap &
in SSH after YazFi has finished running, to see if this fixes things?
Eurika :D
It works, everything is repopulated now.
Is just a one time fix?

Last edited:
Hey Jack!
Is there a way to define a bandwidth limit for each guest Network separately, having at the same time the adaptive QoS enabled?

Hey Jack!
Is there a way to define a bandwidth limit for each guest Network separately, having at the same time the adaptive QoS enabled?
could be possible to mess with tc to bandwidth limit on each interface, but it's not something i'm looking to actively add. i'll happily test and merge anything if you can figure out the tc syntax :)

could be possible to mess with tc to bandwidth limit on each interface, but it's not something i'm looking to actively add. i'll happily test and merge anything if you can figure out the tc syntax :)
No sir, I'm also not comfortable with that. I wasn't asking you to give your time to develop that, only asking if it is possible.
Well, it is. We only don't know how :p

Please check this. I think it'll be easier than we think.

https://gist.github.com/rbrooks/2719817

Afaik, the most difficult part will be to insert two bandwidth fields on asp page to set it and two radio buttons to enable or disable bandwidth limiter :D

Please check this. I think it'll be easier than we think.

https://gist.github.com/rbrooks/2719817

Afaik, the most difficult part will be to insert two bandwidth fields on asp page to set it and two radio buttons to enable or disable bandwidth limiter :D
we'd need 3 new settings per guest, ul bandwidth, dl bandwidth, and bandwidth limiter off/on

then to handle those both in CLI and WebUI - not the worst job but not particularly quick either

hi, i was need to reset my 86u and before that i was with merlin 384.17 and the script on, now i install the beta 1 and i cannot install the script, i know i activate the
enable JFFS custom scripts and configs and enable SSH
this is the error i get on ssh client

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC86U 384.18_beta1 Fri Jun 19 16:39:04 UTC 2020
platin@RT-AC86U-CBC8:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githu
busercontent.com/jackyaz/YazFi/master/YazFi.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/YazFi" && chmo
d 0755 /jffs/scripts/YazFi && /jffs/scripts/YazFi install
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0Wa rning: Failed to create the file /jffs/scripts/YazFi: No such file or
Warning: directory
1 78227 1 1371 0 0 6093 0 0:00:12 --:--:-- 0:00:12 6376
curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 1371)

theres something i miss it?

ps: i revert to 384.17, install YazFi, update to beta 1 and it works now

Last edited:
RT-AC-66U_B1, Merlin 384.17, AMTM 3.1.7, YazFi v4.1.1

Did something change?

Just installed the update. The webgui for YazFi no longer displays the guest networks. The text reads, "Feature expansion of guest WiFi networks on AsusWRT-Merlin." There is an "Apply" button that doesn't do anything. The Network client list does not appear to be displaying all of the previously displayed wi-fi clients. The System Log doesn't show any errors, and it indicates YazFi v4.1.1. started successfully started. The System Log-->Wireless Log does show all of the connected clients.

Ran networkmap & with error but no change on the YazFi webgui page or the number of connected clients.

Edit 1: Open YazFi and ran "uf" as mentioned in post #1386. That did fix the webgui page, but the Network Map still doesn't show all of the connected wi-fi clients. Only Wireless Log does.

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz
Noticed from time to time when performing an update to the YazFi script, I occasionally get an MD5 hash does not match warning. Doesn't happen every time the script is updated, but happens every now and then. Any particular cause or thing to look at in order to ensure the MD5 hash matches?

Code:
Choose an option:    u

YazFi: MD5 hash of YazFi does not match - downloading updated v4.1.1

YazFi: YazFi successfully updated - restarting firewall to apply update

@Jack Yaz
Noticed from time to time when performing an update to the YazFi script, I occasionally get an MD5 hash does not match warning. Doesn't happen every time the script is updated, but happens every now and then. Any particular cause or thing to look at in order to ensure the MD5 hash matches?

Code:
Choose an option:    u

YazFi: MD5 hash of YazFi does not match - downloading updated v4.1.1

YazFi: YazFi successfully updated - restarting firewall to apply update
usually when i push a hotfix that doesnt warrant a version update. today i referenced the hotfix in an earlier post

RT-AC-66U_B1, Merlin 384.17, AMTM 3.1.7, YazFi v4.1.1

Did something change?

Just installed the update. The webgui for YazFi no longer displays the guest networks. The text reads, "Feature expansion of guest WiFi networks on AsusWRT-Merlin." There is an "Apply" button that doesn't do anything. The Network client list does not appear to be displaying all of the previously displayed wi-fi clients. The System Log doesn't show any errors, and it indicates YazFi v4.1.1. started successfully started. The System Log-->Wireless Log does show all of the connected clients.

Ran networkmap & with error but no change on the YazFi webgui page or the number of connected clients.

Edit 1: Open YazFi and ran "uf" as mentioned in post #1386. That did fix the webgui page, but the Network Map still doesn't show all of the connected wi-fi clients. Only Wireless Log does.
if you mean yazfi clients, its expected they wont appear in network map (its fixed to a /24 subnet for your LAN IP)

usually when i push a hotfix that doesnt warrant a version update. today i referenced the hotfix in an earlier post
Got it. Thanks. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!