What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Slawek P, reading posts 1 and 2 should confirm for you too that it won't, today.

@Slawek P, reading posts 1 and 2 should confirm for you too that it won't, today.
Thanks apprieciete your response. Not obvious to me how 1 & 2 answer my question, but I have read in other threads that indeed it is not supported, it is more 384 feature that guest wifi is not passed to AiMesh node, apparently 386 allows it for first 5g and 2.4g, so we just have to wait for official Merlin 386 and YazFi supporting this feature too.

Thanks apprieciete your response. Not obvious to me how 1 & 2 answer my question, but I have read in other threads that indeed it is not supported, it is more 384 feature that guest wifi is not passed to AiMesh node, apparently 386 allows it for first 5g and 2.4g, so we just have to wait for official Merlin 386 and YazFi supporting this feature too.
I am curious if any one has attempted to test yazfi on the 386 alpha.

Has anyone else run into this issue in the past? I get stuck at Querying router for connected WiFi clients... for over a minute before it shows the clients that are online. It works but it used to be instant; I'm assuming something is not right.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 1.57.01 PM.png

Has anyone else run into this issue in the past? I get stuck at Querying router for connected WiFi clients... for over a minute before it shows the clients that are online. It works but it used to be instant; I'm assuming something is not right.
Does the issue persist if you reboot the router?

View attachment 27253
last time i saw this it was dns taking an age to resolve the arp command. unfortunately since we want hostnames in the output, i cant add the -n flag to arp :/
i may be able to optimise the arp query a bit, i'll need to poke it and see if i can pass it specific ips rather than a complete arp -a and filtering

last time i saw this it was dns taking an age to resolve the arp command. unfortunately since we want hostnames in the output, i cant add the -n flag to arp :/
i may be able to optimise the arp query a bit, i'll need to poke it and see if i can pass it specific ips rather than a complete arp -a and filtering
Is there any chance I caused this issue by messing with a setting? Anything I can tweak to help alleviate it?

Is there any chance I caused this issue by messing with a setting? Anything I can tweak to help alleviate it?
unlikely. who do you use for dns? i was using 1.1.1.1 last time i had this, setting to 8.8.8.8 sped it right up. may be worth a try until i can look into an improvement/fix, at work til 9pm tonight :( (only 45mins to go!)

unlikely. who do you use for dns? i was using 1.1.1.1 last time i had this, setting to 8.8.8.8 sped it right up. may be worth a try until i can look into an improvement/fix, at work til 9pm tonight :( (only 45mins to go!)

EDIT: I won't use Google for privacy reasons. Are there any logs I can share that may be helpful?

Last edited:

EDIT: I won't use Google for privacy reasons. Are there any logs I can share that may be helpful?
you could run arp -a at the cli after changing dns servers (maybe even reversing the order might help) to see if any give you a speedup

Reversing the order of DNS1 and DNS2 worked; it's back to being instant. Thanks again @Jack Yaz . Great community with helpful people!
Would you mind hopping over to the dev branch and flipping them back? You can do this by running
Code:
YazFi develop
I've implemented a fix to only try and resolve hostname via arp when looking up guests, rather than every host in the arp table (https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/commit/d1f99fc63e5c58a36f268700918a70097df434c7)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!