What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x - continued

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not sure if I should ask here or open a separate topic, but I'm brand new to any of this (haven't even installed merlin yet) so this might seem like a very stupid question.

Is it mandatory to have an external drive plugged into the router to install YazFi? (I have an ax58u router, doesn't it have any kind of internal storage?)

I'm installing YazFi to setup vlans for IoT devices. If a drive is mandatory, what will happen when it crashes?

Is it mandatory to have an external drive plugged into the router to install YazFi?
No. A external USB hard drive/flash drive is not required to run YazFi. The YazFi script is stored on, and run from, the router's internal memory.

Weird issue with yazfi. It happened on my old ac-86u and I thought it was some problem related with router, but now it happens also on my new gt-ax6000.
Everything set up correctly, guest wifi 2, all devices can connect correctly.
After a couple of hours, I try to connect a device and it hangs on "getting ip address". No new device can't connect.
Solution is force a yazfi restart (the yazfi check, Cron job 10 minutes doesn't solve).
I can't find anything useful on logs. Viewing the DHCP reservations page, and there they are, the yazfi DHCP range I defined. It seems everything ok, but no device can connect.

Weird issue with yazfi. It happened on my old ac-86u and I thought it was some problem related with router, but now it happens also on my new gt-ax6000.
After a couple of hours, I try to connect a device and it hangs on "getting ip address". No new device can't connect.
Solution is force a yazfi restart (the yazfi check, Cron job 10 minutes doesn't solve).
I can't find anything useful on logs. Viewing the DHCP reservations page, and there they are, the yazfi DHCP range I defined. It seems everything ok, but no device can connect.
Yea, I am noticing some problems too. My ipv6 from the main networks is leaking through. All clients on guestnetworks are getting an ipv6 address from the primary network. I am noticing the issue goes away when I restart yazfi. (kinda similar to your issue.) At either rate, I hope @Jack Yaz can revise YazFi. There are a lot of nuances that need investigating.

Yea, I am noticing some problems too. My ipv6 from the main networks is leaking through. All clients on guestnetworks are getting an ipv6 address from the primary network. I am noticing the issue goes away when I restart yazfi. (kinda similar to your issue.) At either rate, I hope @Jack Yaz can revise YazFi. There are a lot of nuances that need investigating.
YazFi does no blocking of ipv6 - you should disable it to prevent leaks

I would think there is something in the logs to indicate an issue - possibly an uncaught firewall event. I'll need to see the diagnostics when your router is in a broken state to see if I can uncover the reason.

Any patching I do will be completely untested by me, I do not own any Asus routers anymore

YazFi does no blocking of ipv6 - you should disable it to prevent leaks
I would turn it off, but some of the game systems on the primary network benefit from having it on. It seems they struggle for outbound connections space more when it is turned off.

:( Thank you.
You are not missing out on anything, even the default firmware level Guestnetworks does not fully support Aimesh nodes. The implementation is broken unless you enable Intranet access at which point guest networks becomes pointless. The reason why is because with intranet access disabled, the guest networks feature attempts to VLAN tag networks in hopes that the nodes will properly identify the tagging. There appears to be some kind of flaw in their logic, and implementation, that prevents the proper setup. You need a separate managed switch to properly ensure the tagged VLAN traffic properly makes it to the nodes. Other wise you have to directly connect each node to the master and ensure there are no unmanaged switches in between.

If only @Jack Yaz could provide such features in YazFi. :rolleyes:

Been running 4.4.3 for a while, and noticed that the hostnames and IP addresses aren't showing up in the table for connected clients using YazFi...

Could you please update yazfi to work with wireguard clients 1-5 aswell in vpn redirection
and not only the openvpn clients?
Please note that the original developer (Jack Yaz) apparently is no longer actively developing YazFi per this link:
I pop up occasionally, but since I moved to pfSense and UniFi, and my Asus routers decided to give up the ghost, I'm not actively developing anymore. I chime in on support requests when I have time as well
User @Martinski has occasionally performed some some modifications to YazFi that is available via the YazFi Developer branch, perhaps they may be able to offer some suggestions to your question(s).

Please note that the original developer (Jack Yaz) apparently is no longer actively developing YazFi per this link:

User @Martinski has occasionally performed some some modifications to YazFi that is available via the YazFi Developer branch, perhaps they may be able to offer some suggestions to your question(s).
Sorry to say, but I cannot help. I don't subscribe to any commercial VPN providers & I don't have any VPN clients set up on my own router. The only VPN Servers I currently use are from the company I work for & the ones on ASUS routers (mine & those from relatives & friends for maintenance purposes) so that I can connect remotely when needed using my work PC or my personal PCs/tablets/phones. The bottom line is that I'm not in a position where I can test & validate any changes made in the YazFi code regarding OpenVPN or Wireguard clients.

v4.4.4 is now available

All credit for this release goes to @Martinski

• FIXED: Issue in the WebGUI to address false errors when validation failures occur with field values from DISABLED network interfaces. Now all field value validation is performed only for ENABLED networks. DISABLED networks are ignored during validation.
  • FIXED: Problem where sometimes the Hostname & IP address values for all currently connected clients were being shown as "UNKNOWN" even though the YazFi Guest Network clients were working fine & were in fact connected to the correct Guest Network.
  • IMPROVED: Code improvements to make sure the list of virtual wireless interface names is valid. This avoids getting strange errors when generating the list of currently connected clients via the CLI menu.

v4.4.4 is now available

All credit for this release goes to @Martinski

• FIXED: Issue in the WebGUI to address false errors when validation failures occur with field values from DISABLED network interfaces. Now all field value validation is performed only for ENABLED networks. DISABLED networks are ignored during validation.
  • FIXED: Problem where sometimes the Hostname & IP address values for all currently connected clients were being shown as "UNKNOWN" even though the YazFi Guest Network clients were working fine & were in fact connected to the correct Guest Network.
  • IMPROVED: Code improvements to make sure the list of virtual wireless interface names is valid. This avoids getting strange errors when generating the list of currently connected clients via the CLI menu.

I had devices in YazFi showing hostname as UNKNOWN.

Updated to 4.4.4 via CLI - GUI still said I had 4.4.3 installed.

Updated to 4.4.4 (again) in the GUI and now shows as 4.4.4 installed.

However, devices still show as UNKNOWN hostname after updating and rebooting the Router.

Thoughts?

I had devices in YazFi showing hostname as UNKNOWN.

Updated to 4.4.4 via CLI - GUI still said I had 4.4.3 installed.

Updated to 4.4.4 (again) in the GUI and now shows as 4.4.4 installed.

However, devices still show as UNKNOWN hostname after updating and rebooting the Router.

Thoughts?
I'm experiencing the same with 4.4.4, as I also was with 4.4.3. However it's only for the first minutes after a reboot - leave it alone for ~10 minutes and IPs are showing fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!