What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

With YazFi on my RT-AC68U w/Merlin 386.3_2:

If I check "Client Isolation" for a guest network, that network then ceases to work correctly -- my Android phone tries to connect, then disconnects and tries again, over and over..

Why?
do you see anything in syslog from YazFi?
do all other networks behave fine?
if you have a different client, does that exhibit the same issue?

Here are the yazfi entries from syslog.
It seems to be repeating over and over and over and ..
This despite no client attempting to connect at present.

Attachments

• yazfi_syslog.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 114
The /jffs/scripts/service-event:

#!/bin/sh

if echo "$2" | /bin/grep -q "YazFi" || { [ "$1" = "restart" ] && [ "$2" = "wireless" ]; }; then { /jffs/scripts/YazFi service_event "$@" & }; fi # YazFi Guest Networks

Here are the yazfi entries from syslog.
It seems to be repeating over and over and over and ..
This despite no client attempting to connect at present.

This repeats indefinitely. ALL OF THE TIME.
Even after I uncheck the Client Isolation option -- syslog is still flooded continuously with this spam, though the guest networks are functioning then.

Ah.. it's repeating due to this thing on the web GUI page:
Update automatically? Table will refresh every 5s

Back to the original problem. My other client connects fine. So I checked back with the smartphone (OnePlus 9 Pro with OxygenOS), and it fails to connect with "Client isolation" enabled. Until, that is, I disable and then re-enable Wifi on the smartphone. Fine after that.

Strange. Need to try more client types, I guess.

I have RT-AC56U router with john fork (374.43_49E4).
I wanted to set the LAN devices to connect to devices in the guest network (One way to guest - YES), but there is probably a bug.

Initial scenario as in the pictures.

YazFi_2.png
YazFi_1.png

Guest network - Enable
Addon YazFi - OFF

When I turn on the guest network in the YazFi addons, then in the Guest Network tab, the Access Intranet option automatically switches to ON.This is completely wrong and undesirable.

YazFi_3.png

Any other changes in the YazFi addons also change the Acces Intranet option to ON.

There is no way (I've tried multiple settings) to set the LAN clients to connect to the Guest Network clients. But with the Two way to guest-YES setting, Guest Network clients could connect to LAN clients. But conversely, not.

I have RT-AC56U router with john fork (374.43_49E4).
I wanted to set the LAN devices to connect to devices in the guest network (One way to guest - YES), but there is probably a bug.

Initial scenario as in the pictures.

View attachment 37492View attachment 37491

Guest network - Enable
Addon YazFi - OFF

When I turn on the guest network in the YazFi addons, then in the Guest Network tab, the Access Intranet option automatically switches to ON.This is completely wrong and undesirable.

View attachment 37493
Any other changes in the YazFi addons also change the Acces Intranet option to ON.

There is no way (I've tried multiple settings) to set the LAN clients to connect to the Guest Network clients. But with the Two way to guest-YES setting, Guest Network clients could connect to LAN clients. But conversely, not.
Access intranet is enabled by YazFi to prevent asus' code doing its own bridging, yazfi will block intranet itself accordingly, however

Today I went into my RT-AX86U to check the YazFi settings.. and the TAB is missing from the Guest WiFi panel. YazFi is installed and working, and I even tried re-installing it. But still no TAB.

Anyone got a decent guess at how to get the TAB back?
Thanks

Today I went into my RT-AX86U to check the YazFi settings.. and the TAB is missing from the Guest WiFi panel. YazFi is installed and working, and I even tried re-installing it. But still no TAB.

Thanks
Did you try a reboot?

But I think there is also a bug without YazFi because with "Access Intranet = Disable" the wifi clients on this Guest Network (n°1 / 2.4 Ghz) cannot ping each others, as if "set AP isolated" was activated (which is not the case).

Thanks
what is the content of your /jffs/scripts/unmount

try

Code:
cat /jffs/scripts/unmount

Redact any personal identifiable info.

Last edited:
No such file. Nor is there a /jffs/scripts/unmount or umount even. :)

EDIT: I'm going to manually wipe all traces of YazFi from it and then re-install YazFi..
It sounds like you may have some corruption occurring probably from the YazFi not properly unmounting. Atleast this is just a hunch. Make sure you also have entware and swap installed. In the /jffs/scripts/unmount you should have a swapoff -a added to make sure everything fully unmount upon reboots.

Update: I finally got round to addressing this problem. Logged into the router, and manually removed all traces of YazFI from /jffs/. While doing so, I found the problem while removing a YazFi reference from the final script in this process.. where YazFi had installed itself _after_ an "exit 0" line. So it was never being invoked from that script, which is likely why it never then showed up in the WebGUI.

The "exit 0" was likely in there from "other stuff", so I removed that line as well as YazFi from the script, and then did a re-install of YazFi from github. All Good now.

Thanks.

v4.4.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Added setting to control whether guest network can access internet or not
  • IMPROVED: Add cron persistence check earlier in startup
  • CHANGED: Script now downloads updates via Scarf Gateway (see bottom of README)
  • CHANGED: Decreased delay in running after firewall restart from 30s to 10s
  • CHANGED: Script now installs LICENSE and README files during install

v4.4.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Added setting to control whether guest network can access internet or not
  • IMPROVED: Add cron persistence check earlier in startup
  • CHANGED: Script now downloads updates via Scarf Gateway (see bottom of README)
  • CHANGED: Decreased delay in running after firewall restart from 30s to 10s
  • CHANGED: Script now installs LICENSE and README files during install
Awesome work Jack.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!