What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible that YazFi can accept a ip6 address for the DNS fields? I’m using a smart dns service and they support multiple profiles but only the default profile is available by ip4 address.
For the time being I think you need to handle this manually.

some inspiration:

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow just posted a way to replicate ipv4 DNS filter to ipv6 ip6tables:

recently I tried to assign separate ipv6 subnets (and DNS) to YazFi clients but never managed to prevent clients from obtaining br0 ipv6 so I ended up moving the guest wifi's out of br0, this works ok for me, but there is probably other ways:

For the time being I think you need to handle this manually.

some inspiration:

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow just posted a way to replicate ipv4 DNS filter to ipv6 ip6tables:

recently I tried to assign separate ipv6 subnets (and DNS) to YazFi clients but never managed to prevent clients from obtaining br0 ipv6 so I ended up moving the guest wifi's out of br0, this works ok for me, but there is probably other ways:
While we can talk about all day different methodology, and try things out, to be honest if there is ever going to be a true working method, it would probably be have to be baked into the setup.

Can someone clarify the best way to update YazFi when installed? I'm getting what I think is a WebUI display error.

Using the WebUI, I checked for new version and it showed v4.4.2 was available. I hit update. It updated. However, the WebUI still shows the same version update is available.

When I putty in, YazFi tells me it is indeed updated to the latest.

Do I need a router reboot as well?

Attachments

• still needs to update.jpg
    still needs to update.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 96
  • yazfi.jpg
    yazfi.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 100
Can someone clarify the best way to update YazFi when installed? I'm getting what I think is a WebUI display error.

Using the WebUI, I checked for new version and it showed v4.4.2 was available. I hit update. It updated. However, the WebUI still shows the same version update is available.

When I putty in, YazFi tells me it is indeed updated to the latest.

Do I need a router reboot as well?
Not sure why this would happen. uf at CLI should resolve for now

I only updated through cli (which was successful) and I got the same. Amtm and YazFi cli menu shows 4.4.2 while webpage shows 4.4.1.

Even tried using a browser which have never been logged in to router so its not browser cache...

I didn't reboot router after, maybee that will take care of it, but I cant right now.

uf at the CLI did the trick! Thanks!

//Zeb

Last edited:

I rebooted and the webUI still showed the same update pending. Then I rechecked a day later and it's updated. Very odd.

However, now when I hit check update in the webUI, it shows the spinning circle endlessly. Anyone else?

I rebooted and the webUI still showed the same update pending. Then I rechecked a day later and it's updated. Very odd.

However, now when I hit check update in the webUI, it shows the spinning circle endlessly. Anyone else?
Did you try uf in YazFi menu (via putty)? That solved all these problems for me. Did not even have to reboot.

Just clicked check update in gui and it completes within acouple of seconds.

Have you done a uf from the YazFi CLI? The YazFi GUI was showing 4.4.1 even though the CLI was showing 4.4.2. Doing a uf fixed the GUI for me. One may have to clear their browser's cache if it keeps bring back old pages.

yazfigui.jpg

yazficli.jpg

yazfigui1.jpg

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll try the uf command to see if this clears out everything.

(My sig was old, I'm on the latest on john's LTS throughout this Yazfi update attempt).

Just implemented Yazfi and VPN for the guest network. Thank you very much for building this out - appreciate it!!

Hi guys, kinda new here. Planning to install this add on. But I have a few questions :D

Is it working now for AX86U? And also, can I use this guest network to connect my IoT smart devices?

And if so, do they have the option to communicate on my main local network? Thank you!

Is it working now for AX86U?
Where was it indicated YazFi wasn't working on the RT-AX86U? Generally YazFi works with most if not all Asus-Merlin supported routers. Per the YazFi GitHub page:
You must be running firmware no older than:

And also, can I use this guest network to connect my IoT smart devices?
Of course. Search through this thread and you see quite a few use YazFi for their IoT devices.

And if so, do they have the option to communicate on my main local network? Thank you!
See, if you haven't already, the YazFi GitHub page (https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi) for the various options one can configure with YazFi. There are options to allow for one way or two way to Guest or to create a custom firewall rule.

If you want to have full communication between a WiFi Guest network client(s) and the main LAN/WiFi network, one may want to rethink their need to putting a WiFi client on the Guest WiFi or YazFi Guest WiFi network. One should review what YazFi feature expansion is designed/programmed to do, and it's options, and see if it fits one's needs or desires.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!