What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow! thank you so much Bennor for the huge info ;)

Apologies, I quite read a super old thread and there's where I found that AX86U was not in the list. My bad :D

Thanks again!

Hello, I hope somebody can help me.

I am very happy with the YazFi addon!
But since I have updated to most recent current version (4.4.2.) the internet connectivity is blocked in combination with VPN director.

I have tried all sorts of things and my last resort is asking here, hopefully somebody can help :)

My router is the RT-AX56U running the latest merlin (386.4)

I have a two guest networks, on 2.4 GHZ.
I am using guest wifi 2 and 3 for this.
Both guest wifi have been configured with a different subnets and are configured to redirect all to a VPN connection.

Some important notes:
  1. The VPN connections are working/active
  2. When I connect on the normal wifi network, with VPN director policy, my pc has internet connectivity
  3. When I connect guest wifi 2 or 3, that redirect all to an (active/online VPN connection) they connect but don't have access to internet
  4. Whenever I disable "redirect all to VPN" in yazFi , internet connectivity is restored on Guest wifi 2 and 3
  5. I have also tried to disable "redirect all to VPN" in yazFi and add manually in VPN director policy, this has the same result (no internet connectivity)
    1. VPN director policy does work for the normal wifi network
  6. Some other things I have tried:
    1. I have re-installed YazFi several times, also removed the configuration
    2. I have formatted the JFFS partition
    3. I have performed a factory reset of the router, uploading a saved backup config file after that. But manually installed and configured YazFi after this
Hopefully somebody can put me on the right "path" to a solution.
Thank you so much for any support.

@Jack Yaz

hey, what's up? there is a bug whit Yazfi and nextdns cli

if I install nextdns cli and enable Yafi guest network on some subnet let's say 10.1.0.1/24 and set DNS to 1.1.1.2 1.0.0.2 my devices on the guest wifi cannot access the internet
but if I delete yazfi addon and set guest network my devices get subnet 192.168.101.1/24 that is hardcoded to the firmware the devices can connect to the internet but everything is going to nextdns server.

it looks like yazfi and nextdns cannot tun on the same router.

@Jack Yaz

hey, what's up? there is a bug whit Yazfi and nextdns cli

if I install nextdns cli and enable Yafi guest network on some subnet let's say 10.1.0.1/24 and set DNS to 1.1.1.2 1.0.0.2 my devices on the guest wifi cannot access the internet
but if I delete yazfi addon and set guest network my devices get subnet 192.168.101.1/24 that is hardcoded to the firmware the devices can connect to the internet but everything is going to nextdns server.

it looks like yazfi and nextdns cannot tun on the same router.
Can you check if NextDNS has added "exit" in /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf?

Hello, I hope somebody can help me.

I am very happy with the YazFi addon!
But since I have updated to most recent current version (4.4.2.) the internet connectivity is blocked in combination with VPN director.

I have tried all sorts of things and my last resort is asking here, hopefully somebody can help :)

My router is the RT-AX56U running the latest merlin (386.4)

I have a two guest networks, on 2.4 GHZ.
I am using guest wifi 2 and 3 for this.
Both guest wifi have been configured with a different subnets and are configured to redirect all to a VPN connection.

Some important notes:
  1. The VPN connections are working/active
  2. When I connect on the normal wifi network, with VPN director policy, my pc has internet connectivity
  3. When I connect guest wifi 2 or 3, that redirect all to an (active/online VPN connection) they connect but don't have access to internet
  4. Whenever I disable "redirect all to VPN" in yazFi , internet connectivity is restored on Guest wifi 2 and 3
  5. I have also tried to disable "redirect all to VPN" in yazFi and add manually in VPN director policy, this has the same result (no internet connectivity)
    1. VPN director policy does work for the normal wifi network
  6. Some other things I have tried:
    1. I have re-installed YazFi several times, also removed the configuration
    2. I have formatted the JFFS partition
    3. I have performed a factory reset of the router, uploading a saved backup config file after that. But manually installed and configured YazFi after this
Hopefully somebody can put me on the right "path" to a solution.
Thank you so much for any support.
What version we're you on before? 4.4.2 was purely a webui fix. Please can you run diagnostic option d from cli menu and pm me the output file and password?

Can you check if NextDNS has added "exit" in /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf?
i check there is no entry in /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf but now I update to the latest firmware 386.5 and now yazfi works, clients on guest network getting IP from 10.1.0.1/24 pool and 1.1.1.2 1.0.0.2 as DNS internet works fine, maybe this issue fixed by rmerlin in 386.5 update.

I'm having some issues getting YazFi to run on an AC66U, it says it installs but basically everything fails. This is on the latest 52E7.

"John's fork detected - service-event requires 374.43_32D6j9527 or later

Please update to benefit from YazFi detecting wireless restarts"

?? I'm already on a later version

tar: can't open '/jffs/addons/shared-jy/shared-jy.tar.gz': No such file or directory
New version of shared-jy.tar.gz downloaded

tar: can't open '/jffs/addons/shared-jy/shared-jy.tar.gz': No such file or directory
New version of YazFi_www.asp downloaded

Mounting WebUI tab for YazFi

cp: can't stat '/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/YazFi_www.asp': No such file or directory
Mounted YazFi WebUI page as user1.asp

chmod: /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/config: No such file or directory
dos2unix: can't open '/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/config': No such file or directory
You can access YazFi's configuration via the Guest Networks section of the WebUI

Alternatively, use YazFi's menu via amtm (if installed), with /jffs/scripts/YazFi or simply YazFi

But there's no menu and what I assume is supposed to be the menu just fails with a not found issue.

Got Yazfi working. But am not sure whether I have set up this in a safe way! I'm having issues with DNS.
Basically, I want the main SSID to be via my ISP and the Guest SSID to redirect via Nordvpn.
The Nord instructions asked to set up the WAN DNS to their servers, set up the openvpn settings and set the Accept DNS Configuration to strict. This seemed to work fine. But then...

I've set up the Yazfi client network with 192.168.2.0 with 2 to 254. Initially, for the DNS I set this up as the Nordvpn servers and redirect all to the correct vpn client number.
BUT when I did this the guest was very slow or started leaking the DNS for some reason.

The only way I could stop the leak or stop the client SSID from being very slow was to set the DNS to 192.168.2.1 and set the Accept DNS Configuration to Exclusive.

Is this correct? What is the best way of doing this?

Last edited:
Got Yazfi working. But am not sure whether I have set up this in a safe way!
Just to clarify, you indicated "client SSID", which I assume you mean Guest SSID. In YazFi GUI (or CLI), have you enabled "Redirect all to VPN"? And if so have you set "VPN Client No." to the correct value of the OpenVPN Client Instance for your NordVPN connection that was setup in the VPN > VPN Client section?

Also to clarify, did you follow the NordVPN example setup directions for Asus-Merlin?
https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1047410642/AsusWRT-Merlin-setup-with-NordVPN.htm

Just to clarify, you indicated "client SSID", which I assume you mean Guest SSID. In YazFi GUI (or CLI), have you enabled "Redirect all to VPN"? And if so have you set "VPN Client No." to the correct value of the OpenVPN Client Instance for your NordVPN connection that was setup in the VPN > VPN Client section?

Also to clarify, did you follow the NordVPN example setup directions for Asus-Merlin?
https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1047410642/AsusWRT-Merlin-setup-with-NordVPN.htm
Yes, apologies, I've edited my post (I'm new!) to Guest SSID and have redirected all to VPN and set the correct OpenVPN client.

Yes, those are the instructions I followed.

Last edited:
Good day!
With Yazfi Guest work using a router in AP mode?
Thanks!

Could someone let me know if this is supported on the AX86U?

The old versions had model requirements, looking for this functionality but don't want to break something inadvertently :)

Could someone let me know if this is supported on the AX86U?

The old versions had model requirements, looking for this functionality but don't want to break something inadvertently :)
I use it on my AX86U.

Same here, Version 4.3.4 is working, 4.4.2 Internet is broken.., Traffic should be redirected to vpn5 via vpn director

i have Asus AX 88U i just update to merlin 386.7 and YazFi v4.4.2 stop work did some one check for this?
Are you running VPN or anything like that? Have you tried to remove then reinstall YazFi?

So far no issues on a AC68U in wireless router mode with YazFi 4.4.2 on 386.7 (dirty flashed). But then that AC68U isn't running any sort of VPN or extra scripts besides YazFi and YazDHCP and a 2GB swap file (USB flash drive) at the moment.

Same here, Version 4.3.4 is working, 4.4.2 Internet is broken.., Traffic should be redirected to vpn5 via vpn director
It would probably help Jack if you include more information about your setup, specifically what router and firmware version you are running.

Are you running VPN or anything like that? Have you tried to remove then reinstall YazFi?

So far no issues on a AC68U in wireless router mode with YazFi 4.4.2 on 386.7 (dirty flashed). But then that AC68U isn't running any sort of VPN or extra scripts besides YazFi and YazDHCP and a 2GB swap file (USB flash drive) at the moment.
i am running surfshark VPN every thing was work fine in version 386.5 after update to 386.7 YazFi 4.4.2 stop working

PS: when i change the dns setting and appley change in YazFi 4.4.2 it's work for some minute and stop :(

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!