What's new

YazFi YazFi with 386.1beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ugandy

Very Senior Member
I'm using YazFi with 386.1 beta and the guest clients don't show up on the guest interfaces section of the 'network map' page. they showed up, before i re installed YazFi
anyone else seeing same?
thx

Last edited:
When using YazFi, you don't use the Network Map to view YazFi clients, use System Log > Wireless Log instead.

so this is a YazFi limitation? 386.1 displays guest clients on the network map. i was hoping that would work even with yazfi

so this is a YazFi limitation? 386.1 displays guest clients on the network map. i was hoping that would work even with yazfi
Its been commented on a number of times by Jack Yaz. For example...

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-device-on-private-network.69671/#post-655957
Network map is hardcoded by Asus to only look at the primary subnet, unfortunately it isn't possible to list YazFi guests there. You can check in the Wireless Log as you do now, or using option 2 in the YazFi CLI menu. (GUI list is on the feature request list)
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...st-wifi-inc-ssid-vpn-client.45924/post-597584
if you mean yazfi clients, its expected they wont appear in network map (its fixed to a /24 subnet for your LAN IP)

thanks! i missed those threads.

Last edited:
Now that 386 is stable I have observed that the stock LAN access setting must be forced to "ON" for guest 1 otherwise the f/w sets up a VLAN and spams "protocol is buggy" to the log. This option is overridden by YazFi's firewalling in any case, so it is cosmetic.

Now that 386 is stable I have observed that the stock LAN access setting must be forced to "ON" for guest 1 otherwise the f/w sets up a VLAN and spams "protocol is buggy" to the log. This option is overridden by YazFi's firewalling in any case, so it is cosmetic.
Just to clarify. Does this mean one should (only need to) set Guest Network #1 Access Intranet to Enable for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz guest network #1 to avoid the spamming of the log with "protocol is buggy"? Or is there some other setting that should be changed to stop the spamming of the log?

Just to clarify. Does this mean one should (only need to) set Guest Network #1 Access Intranet to Enable for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz guest network #1 to avoid the spamming of the log with "protocol is buggy"? Or is there some other setting that should be changed to stop the spamming of the log?
just for guest 1, but if using yazfi it doesn't hurt to enable it for all. YazFi will enable it on networks it controls in the next version, which is currently on the develop branch.

just for guest 1, but if using yazfi it doesn't hurt to enable it for all. YazFi will enable it on networks it controls in the next version, which is currently on the develop branch.
Understood. Thanks. :cool:

Minor update data point. Flashed a RT-AC68U to 386.1 left Guest Network #1 Access Intranet on Disable. Installed YazFi and configured it. So far am not seeing any "protocol is buggy" messages flooding the system log prior to installing YazFi nor post install of YazFi. Everything seems to be functioning and working as before (prior to firmware upgrade).

I did do a hard reset prior to firmware upgrade and another hard reset post firmware upgrade then reconfigured the router from scratch.

As always YMMV.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!