What's new

Zenfi AX - node to repeater via cable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael R Stamper

Occasional Visitor
I have a Zenfi AX router. I am trying to connect a remote node via a cable to a Beryl Gl-net router set as a repeater (this will be a full time VPN connection).

The node and the beryl are physically very close. The node is connecting to the main router wirelessly.

I would like to connect the node to the beryl by a cable. I tried node:lan to beryl:wan and beryl:lan but the device just doesn’t like it. The router keeps resetting.

I would like some advice - is what I am trying feasible and I am just missing a setting - or - is what I am trying a no go because the node to repeater (beryl) is a no-go?

It works without the cable but I believe with a cable the performance would be better?

thanks for the advice in advance.

2022-02-28_09h54_06.png

This is what I have as my setup. I cannot run cables through the condo without major cost - all the walls are super insulated and soundproofed - so while not impossible, the condo association requires the use of special contractors and the cost is prohibitive.

The question - between the ZenFi Node and the Beryl VPN can I use a cable - and if so - which port to which port? LAN to LAN? I want to be sure this setup is feasible (I really don't have experience with networking) before troubleshooting other things.

Thanks!