What's new

ZenWifi XD4 Don't Work Don't Buy!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can someone point me whats the correct procedure to hard reset a xd4 node? Not Router.

I go a 3 units pack setup today, all good for 1 hr, then suddenly 1 node flashing blue and lose its aimesh connection maybe after i changed the mu-mimo setting. Then I tried to hard reset the node followinf asus faq. At first the node go to green then solid blue for 20 seconds aftet reset, however it seems reboot itself again then go thru green and then flashing blue. No matter how I reset the node it just the same ans cannot stay at solid blue to more than 20 sec. As such it never rejoin my AiMesh and also cannot be added as a new node.

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear data)

To Reset node firmware, I remove it from the AiMesh... it should reset automatically. Otherwise, follow the Reset FAQs for your model.

To Hard Reset router firmware, I use the webUI Restore+Initialize.

OE

FINALLY SOLVED!
Today 4th April 2023 I can finally reveal that aftre two years of hassle the XD4 system now works as advertised!

First, you will need to update the router firmware to 3.0.0.4.388.22525 and all the XD4s to 3.0.0.4.386.49599.
Then you will need to completely ignore the rubbish Asus put out regarding AiMesh and hardwired AP mode, as this does not and apparently will never work!
Instead, for hard wired devices don't use the AP mode at all (Asus can't actually explain to me what this mode is for), just set them up as wifi nodes, connect them to the router Aimesh, then connect them via ethernet, then change the 'management' to use the ethernet connection. Bingo!

It has taken a lot of arguing, hassle and emails dealing with Asus, but finally they realised that repeatedly telling me to do something that did not work and took ages to reset from scratch each time due to bugs was not the way to go!

My system is now stable, has twice the speed around the house than before and a much stronger signal too.
Just one last thought though, given the appallingly bad customer service with almost no technical support, this is the last time I purchase an Asus product. Untested devices with untested software is a level of unprofessionalism I don't expect to pay for.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!