What's new

ZenWifi XT8 help needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bilitz

New Around Here
I bought the ZenWiFi XT8 two pack and it was working fine as a mesh system but I now have two issues.

1) I removed the second unit and am using it as a stand alone at another location, so I just have the single unit at my house now. Do I need to do a reset or change any settings now that it is working as a stand alone router? It seems to be working ok except for issue 2 below.

2) I tried using the wpa3/wpa2 security option but a couple of my devices wouldn't connect so I switched back to the default wpa2. That corrected the problem but now after a few days my printer will not connect and tells me the security protocol is not supported. Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry, I'm a complete novice with this stuff.

I bought the ZenWiFi XT8 two pack and it was working fine as a mesh system but I now have two issues.

1) I removed the second unit and am using it as a stand alone at another location, so I just have the single unit at my house now. Do I need to do a reset or change any settings now that it is working as a stand alone router? It seems to be working ok except for issue 2 below.

2) I tried using the wpa3/wpa2 security option but a couple of my devices wouldn't connect so I switched back to the default wpa2. That corrected the problem but now after a few days my printer will not connect and tells me the security protocol is not supported. Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry, I'm a complete novice with this stuff.
There are some clients that do not like WPA2/WPA3-Personal. I have one old iPod that is like that so I've created a guest WIFI with just WPA2 for it and my IOT devices. I've switched between WPA2-Personal and WPA2/WPA3-Personal and my "smart" TV has to be reconnected. For your printer just have it forget the WIFI and connected it again.

And no, you should not have to reset and reconfigure the router. Unless you did not remove the node properly (AiMesh, click on node, Management, Remove Node)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.
When I removed the node I just turned it off and unplugged it. Because of that should I do a reset? It seems to be working ok as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the quick reply.
When I removed the node I just turned it off and unplugged it. Because of that should I do a reset? It seems to be working ok as far as I can tell.
The node should still show in the router gui under AiMesh. See if you can remove it there. If not a factory reset may be a good idea.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!