What's new

Zyxel Nas 326 (slow copy speed)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peturthorra

New Around Here
Hello, i have Zyxel 326 Nas, it has two internal 3.5HDD and two external 2.5HDD. I´m only able to transfer at maximum 25MB/s to them. I can download from internet at 60MB/s. I have Xiaomi AX3600 router and i´m transfering to the Nas from WIFI 6 (AX3600 supports WIFI6).

Can´t find the bootleneck :(

From the specs page
  • CPU: Marvell Armada 380 1.3 GHz
  • Memory: DDR3 512 MB
  • Two 2.5" or 3.5" SATA II hard disk interface supported up to 32 TB (16 TB x2)
  • One Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 connector
  • Two USB 3.0 ports
  • One USB 2.0 port
If it is correct that it is using SATA II ( and not a typo), that might explain some of it. Also if you are transferring to/from one of the USB attached disks, that is also likely to be slow.

The numbers they market with will be for sequential read/write which is the fastest. Random read write will be much much slower. Also, the raid type can make a difference, but not usually as much as the difference between sequential and random R/W.

Use Iperf 3 to test the transfer rates directly between a PC and the NAS connected by a single direct ethernet cable to eliminate the router and wired or wireless connections.

What type of transfer are you doing - folder copy ? single large file copy ?
Typical folder copy using SMB protocol can easily be in the 15-30 MB/sec range. A single large file may read or write much faster. Look at the NASPT test results for this NAS on the site or similar ( same processor and drive interface) for comparison. i think you can still download the NASPT test program from Intel, but i haven't looked in years.

Last edited: