What's new

Zyxel?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Main reason is that ZyXEL isn't proactive in pitching products for review and we have plenty to do. They also aren't a major player.

We did review one of their first models, now discontinued.

I'll see if they want to send more for review.

I have NSA325 from them and there haven't been any issues with it. Firmware updates are automatic so far. There have been two such updates since getting this one last month.

I use Web Server, FTP Server, Media Server and File Server. My electric bill has dropped by $31 bucks a month since using it and shutting the full desktop server that was on 24/7. NSA325 it's on 24/7 also smart power saver kicks in. 1.6GHz and the 1000m really quick when I access video over the WiFi on SONY SMP-N200 on the first. So far. Max is 6TB with 2x 3TB SATA III 6.0Gbps

"My electric bill has dropped by $31 bucks a month since using it and shutting the full desktop server"

I'd like to get the same savings for my always-on computer.

0.1KW (the PC) x 24 x 30 = 72KWh per month = $10 per month

at $0.15 per KWhr (typical of your area?)

(My server is more like 0.06KW rather than 0.1, or about $5/month).

1KWh = 1,000 watts for an hour; 0.1KW = 100Watts, and common PCs are 40-100W excluding monitor)

Or my math is hosed up.

Last edited:
"My electric bill has dropped by $31 bucks a month since using it and shutting the full desktop server"

I'd like to get the same savings for my always-on computer.

0.1KW (the PC) x 24 x 30 = 72KWh per month = $10 per month

at $0.15 per KWhr (typical of your area?)

(My server is more like 0.06KW rather than 0.1, or about $5/month).

1KWh = 1,000 watts for an hour; 0.1KW = 100Watts, and common PCs are 40-100W excluding monitor)

Or my math is hosed up.

Running system 24/7 compare to NSA325 comes out better for me. The other system was File Server, Caller ID Girl Friday (system managed all phone calls), BT downloader, Web IIS Server and Media Server. Now the NSA325 does it all except the phone part.

NSA325 powersaver on this device is really better in the long run compare to having a powerhouse system running 24/7 non-stop

Last edited:
I have a NSA221 configured in RAID1, never had a problem with it, low power, pretty slow, but didn't cost very much.

I use it as a backup to a backup.

Same here with the NSA325 no issues with it and the power usage is very low.. Lowest on 3TB each is $129 new.. Still waiting on a deal.