What's new

2.4 GHz MAC Address page corrupt???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jamster001

Regular Contributor
Hi All.

I've tried everything I am aware of and cannot seem to crack this problem. I am currently using the AC66u router with Merlin's 376.49_2 firmware. I've never had problems like this on my N66u router. Here is the problem.

I enable and use the Wireless MAC Filter for both bands with all my devices. The 5 GHz MAC filter webpage works great but the 2.4 is a different story. The webpage does not display correctly; I click the "Apply" button but nothing happens. The page simply does not work. I've tried resetting the router back to factory settings, several firmware attempts from Asus and Merlin, but still get the same problem on the 2.4 GHz Wireless MAC Filter page. The only thing I can do on the 2.4 GHz Wireless MAC Filter page is change from 2.4 GHz frequency back to the 5 GHz, which again works as expected and displays correctly. I cannot add a device and its MAC address on the 2.4GHz page; although it lets me type them into the text boxes but when I click the '+' sign to add the device, the page does nothing; no loading, timeouts, or anything. Can anyone please help as my 2.4 GHz wireless band is now completely unused. Here is a screenshot of the complete page and again all I can do is change Frequencies. Notice no scroll scroll bar on the window, nor is there anything else displayed...

Attachments

• My 2.4 GHz Advanced_ACL_Content page.png
    My 2.4 GHz Advanced_ACL_Content page.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
This usually indicate you entered an invalid value that breaks the webpage's Javascript code. Clear your MAC filter list. Through SSH:

Code:
nvram unset wl0_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram commit

Make sure not to use any special characters such as quotes in the Name field.

This usually indicate you entered an invalid value that breaks the webpage's Javascript code. Clear your MAC filter list. Through SSH:

Code:
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram commit

How do I actually "Clear the MAC filter list through SSH"? Do I simply copy/paste your code from above into a command prompt on a computer on my network? Sorry. but I am a network newbie. Thank you for your reply.:)

How do I actually "Clear the MAC filter list through SSH"? Do I simply copy/paste your code from above into a command prompt on a computer on my network? Sorry. but I am a network newbie. Thank you for your reply.:)

No, you need to enable SSH on the System page, then use a SSH client such as Putty or XShell4 to connect into your router (username and password will be the same as for the webui). After that, you can paste these commands on the router's shell.

Check these forums, there are a few posts explaining how to use SSH. A search for "XShell" might be the simplest way to track down such info.

RMerlin, a big thank you! I will try your troubleshooting later this afternoon and report back. I greatly appreciate your work!:)

Can someone please let me know if I hold down the WPS button while powering down the AC66u router, will this reset all settings and clear the NVRAM from memory, allowing the router to be placed back into factory settings? I'd prefer to perform this instead of trying to clear NVRAM via RMerlin's method above. Please let me know as I am beyond frustrated.:eek:

Just press the reset button for 5-10 seconds while the router is up and running, then release it. It will reboot back to factory default settings.

Code:
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram commit

Many thanks. I hosed my mac filters in 378.51 and this was exactly what I needed.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/mac-filters-in-bulk.23616/

I guess this issue is still not fixed. The only special characters I used were space and the following 4: ( ) + '

I just entered them all without names now - I'll keep track of the names in a different file elsewhere. One that doesn't hose any js.

Many thanks. I hosed my mac filters in 378.51 and this was exactly what I needed.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/mac-filters-in-bulk.23616/

I guess this issue is still not fixed. The only special characters I used were space and the following 4: ( ) + '

I just entered them all without names now - I'll keep track of the names in a different file elsewhere. One that doesn't hose any js.

The single quote is what broke it.

The webui does filter them, however pasting tends to bypass this restrictions in some browsers, who don't generate keypress events for individual characters when pasted.