What's new

2 HDD plugged-in simultaneously

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thealphonso

Occasional Visitor
Hate posting new threads but there it is: can I plug 2 HDD in the 2 USB ports in the same time and still be able to use them both?
I tried it with 2 2.5": one 500 GB EXT3 (formatted by RT-N66U) and one 640 GB NTFS but it failed to see them both, the led kept on blinking. Could be a power issue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hate posting new threads but there it is: can I plug 2 HDD in the 2 USB ports in the same time and still be able to use them both?
I tried it with 2 2.5": one 500 GB EXT3 (formatted by RT-N66U) and one 640 GB NTFS but it failed to see them both, the led kept on blinking. Could be a power issue?

Thanks

I have one western digital passport (power by USB) and one thermaltake blacx USB docking station both NTFS and I have no issue.

I have a Sandisk flash drive and a 640 gig WD HDD plugged in simultaneously since past few months and both work fine (I use the flash drive for entware and the HDD for data). Most probably your problem is due to power being sourced from the USB ports.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!