What's new

380.57 Possible port forwarding issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Whats the net result of this issue?
I have had issues for a few years now on fifa where i went from great gameplay over p2p to randon stuff.
Could start off fine for a couple of games then gameplay seemed to get bad and stay bad till the next time i switched on the ps4.
Could this be related?
Since 2012 ive been searching high and low for the issue.
Cant have ti down to ea as not everyone gets the problem.

At the moment i have it in the isp's court as the problem but the change after a few games or even less makes me wonder.

This is an issue that pertains to firmware versions 380.57 and higher. Since that version came out around december 2015 your issue could only possibly be related if you've had it for ~5 months.

You're saying you've had it for years so its more likely its an unrelated issue i'm afraid

My advise would be to try enabling DMZ to your ps4 and see whether that fixes the issue. If that fixes it then it might be a issue with UPNP and port forwarding you would need to set up properly. But since your playing with other people it might also be something completely unrelated to you

Thanks for the input.
Tried dmz etc...no difference.
Only difference is when i connect the vpn on the router.

Also moved to a symmetrical fibre service recently and with qos it plays better but not perfectly.

To my knowledge it has not been fixed yet

I suggest everyone having this issue to create a ticket with Asus. I've already done that

Well after getting a AC88U and AC87U side by side for testing i found that my issue is very likely connected to "Enable DoS protection" being turned on. So something changed between the 378 and 380 branch firmwares.

Currently i've only been able to reproduce this on the AC87U, not the AC88U. But who knows, once i increase the load maybe we'll know more
For the moment i'm gonna let this issue rest and enjoy my AC88U