What's new

5GH_2 assigned to channel 0?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brundog

Occasional Visitor
Hey, I recently purchased a Tri-band asus RT-AC5300. I updated the firmware to Merlin today, and I am now noticing that i cant see the 2nd 5ghz band at all on any device. When looking into the WIFI settings, the control channel can either be set to AUTO, or 0. neither of these fix my issue. Also when going into the WDS tab, there isn't a MAC address entered for the 2nd 5ghz band. When i first got this router i want to say that the stock channel for this band was high, somewhere around 80 or 90 i think. Is this a known issue with this router/firmware combo? I cant find any info on this at all. Thanks

Try completely powering down your router, doing a power reset, and turning it back on:

1) Turn it off
2) Unplug power
3) Turn it on, to drain any leftover charge
4) Turn it back of
5) Plug power back in
6) Turn on and boot it normally

I have done this a few times over the course of the day. I also just did it exactly as you described. Still no luck. Is the channel 0 a common WIFI channel? Shouldn't I be able to change the channel for this band? it seems like there is only one channel available. I don't want to reflash to stock firmware because the VPN options on this Firmware are WAY better. Think its a hardware issue?

pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

0 usually indicates that the radio isn't working properly. Try a factory default reset, if it still fails, it might be defective.

I have the exact same issue!! Did you get it fixed or did you RMA?!

I ended up getting a new one. Once I got the new one, I have yet to have this issue. There are also options for the 2nd 5ghz control channel instead of 0.

Got off with ASUS support. Tried everything with the tech support, guys gave up and said it is a hardware issue. RMA given and now a PITA for me to send and to wait who knows how long... Bought it at Canada Computers, idiots over there knew the antenna was busted but they only have a 14 day return/exchange... next time I will buy from Amazon, now I will have to pay for shipping... Right in the middle of Holiday season... Good thing I kept my AC68U, best router ever made....

Got off with ASUS support. Tried everything with the tech support, guys gave up and said it is a hardware issue. RMA given and now a PITA for me to send and to wait who knows how long... Bought it at Canada Computers, idiots over there knew the antenna was busted but they only have a 14 day return/exchange... next time I will buy from Amazon, now I will have to pay for shipping... Right in the middle of Holiday season... Good thing I kept my AC68U, best router ever made....

I had the same issue with a AC88U except it was the 5GHz channel. I saw the 5GHz LED turn off shortly after power up. I tried every solution I saw posted on the net. I ended up returning it to the store here in Chiang Mai. It was outside their seven day exchange window. But they took care of shipping it back to ASUS for me and I paid no shipping charges. Ten days later, a replacement was delivered. These are spendy routers and we need all of the functionality we paid for.

I ended up getting a new one. Once I got the new one, I have yet to have this issue. There are also options for the 2nd 5ghz control channel instead of 0.

I had the same with my 5300, and also had to return it (on my 3rd now :eek: )

Regards

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!