What's new

5GHz AC same control channel better?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heidarren

Regular Contributor
AC Wi-Fi been taking almost all the channels available by using 80MHz, we are actually have only 2 options which is 36~48 or 149~161, as DFS channels are not available for everyone. I wanna keep using the lower channels as it's better for LISTENING to my phone, but my neighbors using these channels too, the funny thing that I've found is by using the same control channel seems better than using another control channel to "avoid" collision, just wonder why and how because all I've learned in Wi-Fi is keep avoiding to use the same channel with your neighbor

I was just looking into 5Ghz channel spacing the other day - they are 20 MHz apart. So I figure if you are 2 channels apart, you are at the extreme edge of the 40 MHz on each side of the center channel.

So if your neighbor is using channel 36 or 40, you could use 44 or 48 respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Common control channels allow neighboring networks to best coordinate airtime use. This results in the most efficient use of bandwidth.

Common control channels allow neighboring networks to best coordinate airtime use. This results in the most efficient use of bandwidth.

Means if my neighbor using channel 44/80MHz, using the exactly same 44/80MHz is better than channel 40/80MHz for me?

Bu
I was just looking into 5Ghz channel spacing the other day - they are 20 MHz apart. So I figure if you are 2 channels apart, you are at the extreme edge of the 40 MHz on each side of the center channel.

So if your neighbor is using channel 36 or 40, you could use 44 or 48 respectively.

But they uses 80MHz in these channels, there is no way for me to avoid, so I wonder if I should use back the same channel as they are and let the machine to handle airtime

Bu

But they uses 80MHz in these channels, there is no way for me to avoid, so I wonder if I should use back the same channel as they are and let the machine to handle airtime

80 MHz = 40 MHz below center channel + 40 MHz above center channel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!