What's new

86U + 88U or dual AXE11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whydidwebuyahouse

Occasional Visitor
Found a similar thread but being selfish and asking for a more focused comparison.

Been running with a pretty stable Aimesh AX86U + AX88U setup (wired back haul) on a 1gig fiber plan.

My ISP now offers 2+ gig plans for not very much more so I’m wondering about upgrading to take advantage of faster speeds + have future support for Wi-Fi 6/6e with the AXE11000 setup. Edit: should also add that this would be an opportunity to move around my network “rack” to a more ideal location re: wireless coverage + adding in some better Ethernet drop locations as well.

Should I wait a little while? Keep an eye out for a sale?

Don't waste your money. The 2Gbps plan won't improve your Internet experience. You are investing in occasional faster downloads, speedtest numbers and limited client support Wi-Fi 6E. What for? There is no futerproofing with home AIO routers. Your existing 2x routers with wired backhaul are perfect.

GT-AXE11000 is older generation 2020 model router, by the way.

Don't waste your money. The 2Gbps plan won't improve your Internet experience. You are investing in occasional faster downloads, speedtest numbers and limited client support Wi-Fi 6E. What for? There is no futerproofing with home AIO routers. Your existing 2x routers with wired backhaul are perfect.

GT-AXE11000 is older generation 2020 model router, by the way.
Thanks for the level set! You’re probably right!

We will eventually have fewer devices in our household soonish as well so that will be less of an issue I suppose.

And to be sure, I was looking at the ZenWifi Pro ET12 AXE11000 2pk.

At some point it will be nice to take advantage of wifi 6…

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!