What's new

AC5300 keeps losing internet connection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thoraine

New Around Here
Hey guys, I've got this AC5300 when I signed up with my new ISP and the first one was a lemon... I went to exchange it and all seemed fine until 24 hours later, the internet LED showed red and I had no internet connectivity.

It is definitely the router's fault as the problem was rectified when I restarted the router. However it has happened an additional two times since. Did I get another lemon? I'm using ASUS's official firmware.

My apologies, my firmware version is 3.0.0.4.380_3341.

I did not flash the firmware myself. It came preinstalled with it. I have only changed the admin password, configured 2 static IP assignments and the 3 wi-fi network.

I have tried doing a hardware factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds and reconfiguring my router, but it didn't seem to help.

I'll try clearing the NVRAM, formatting JFFS and disabling the unneeded services and report back.

My apologies, my firmware version is 3.0.0.4.380_3341.

I did not flash the firmware myself. It came preinstalled with it. I have only changed the admin password, configured 2 static IP assignments and the 3 wi-fi network.

I have tried doing a hardware factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds and reconfiguring my router, but it didn't seem to help.

I'll try clearing the NVRAM, formatting JFFS and disabling the unneeded services and report back.

Anything in the log?

It's probably not the router hardware causing the problem. It could be the settings and/or how the router is set for communicating with the modem and/or ISP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!