What's new

GT-AC5300 and PoE IP cameras

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nilands55s

New Around Here
So far I have 2 PoE IP cameras connected through a 5 port PoE switch with 2 Uplink ports, with 1 uplink port connected to an ASUS RP-AC1900 LAN port. The Dahua NVR (NVR5216 series) is the on the same boxes LAN. The RP-AC1900 is the mesh to an ASUS GT-AC5300. The RP-AC1900 is now a wired backhaul as of two day ago, and really beets WiFi backhaul.

My problem seems to be whatever is connected to the mesh router LAN ports(RP-AC1900) is hidden from the GT-AC5300. I can see WiFi connections but not the LAN connections. I have not found a way to get access to the RP-AC1900 ports via the GT-AC5300. While the NVR is happily working one of my cameras (XM-xiongmaitech) is not Dahua so I need to login to the camera's settings directly and would like to do this over my laptops WiFi, but I can't see or connect to it's IP 192.168.10.10. I can't seem to reset the cameras IP either as it used to be on an open WRT router who's IP was 192.168.10.1 behind a now retired Motorola router 192.168.1.1
I also Need Telnet access via windows 7 to do a camera reset. My laptop is the only device with anything window as a dual boot from Linux. I stop using Microsoft over 20 years now as it is impossibly slow and unsecured
Not sure but I am thinking Mesh mode is what is hiding my connections and I can't log into the RP-AC1900 any more even via it's LAN ports

cameras >> PoE switch >> RP-AC1900 LAN >> NVR
RP-AC1900 WAN >> GT-AC5300 LAN

Sounds like the AC1900 is not in AiMesh mode. If it were it should act as another switch and pass traffic to connected clients. I have a NAS connected to a LAN port of my AX86U AiMesh node and it works well. My PoE switch running my cams and NVR is connected to a LAN port of my router now but was connected to a LAN port of the AiMesh node before I made some cable additions.
Your cabling should be AC5300 Lan port to AC1900 WAN port then AC1900 lan port to PoE switch..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!