What's new

AC68U Crashes with Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

remusicka

New Around Here
Hi guys!

I have an AC68U router that is giving me a lot of troubles while on Merlin… well I guess only one trouble actually… :) it crashes everyday.
By crashing I mean: loosing the Wi-Fi and on LAN I get 169 IPs on all the clients.

With stock firmware, no issues - up time for months.

I would like to use Merlin because of the spin down feature.
I tried Merlin firmware on couple of ocasions with the same crashing results. Right now I am on the lastest firmware 380.58 - same issue.
Always updated from stock by pressing the WPS button for 5 seconds - clearing the NVRAM.
Putting all the values back by hand all the time.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, since with the stock firmware the router doesn't crash.

I don't know what to do anymore… that's why I turned to you guys for help.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, since with the stock firmware the router doesn't crash.

did you try factory resetting from within the gui after installing merlins and then manually re entering all data needed

you havnt over clocked the 68u at all have you ?

i have same issues with my 87u and merlin fw ( On stock no problem ) but on earlier build like 378.5x

did you try factory resetting from within the gui after installing merlins and then manually re entering all data needed

you havnt over clocked the 68u at all have you ?

Hi Pete!

Yes did all that - reset from within the gui and then manually re-entering the values.
That's a negative on the OC. No OC whatsoever.

I have found that with ASUS routers I need to do a factory default reset and reset my modem every time I flash new firmware on the router or I have issues. Might be worth a look.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!