What's new

Ac68u Latest firmware. 3.0.0.4.376.1663

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SHAH

Occasional Visitor
anyone here using the above firmware? does it has the new QOS feature which Asus introduced in Ac87u ? u can throttle down or prioritize each and every client ? If it has please mention it so i can upgrade it.

Here is the change log for the latest Asus release.

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1663
Network map new features :
1.System status can now show CPU and RAM usage.
2.Client status can show wireless clients signal strength.
3.Client icon is changeable.
4.Client name is changeable and parental control, QoS, manually assigned IP, static route, port forwarding client list can also refer to this name.

Security related :
1. Upgrade OpenSSL library from 1.0.0d to 1.0.0m

Bug fix:
1. Fixed IPv6 and some VDSL modem compatibility issues.
2. Fixed 3G/ 4G dongle compatibility issues for some Huawei dongles.
3. Fixed secondary wan setting issues in dual wan fail over mode.
4. Fixed traffic monitor display issues.
5. Daylight saving time can be manually adjusted.

Download master 3.1.0.88
1. Improved GUI response time.
2. Improved download speed.
3. A torrent downloading task may include multiple files and user can choose which files should be downloaded.

Others:
1. Add Airtime fairness option in Wireless --> Professional
File Size
28,55 (MBytes) 2014.07.18 update

Here is the change log for the latest Asus release.

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1663
Network map new features :
1.System status can now show CPU and RAM usage.
2.Client status can show wireless clients signal strength.
3.Client icon is changeable.
4.Client name is changeable and parental control, QoS, manually assigned IP, static route, port forwarding client list can also refer to this name.

Security related :
1. Upgrade OpenSSL library from 1.0.0d to 1.0.0m

Bug fix:
1. Fixed IPv6 and some VDSL modem compatibility issues.
2. Fixed 3G/ 4G dongle compatibility issues for some Huawei dongles.
3. Fixed secondary wan setting issues in dual wan fail over mode.
4. Fixed traffic monitor display issues.
5. Daylight saving time can be manually adjusted.

Download master 3.1.0.88
1. Improved GUI response time.
2. Improved download speed.
3. A torrent downloading task may include multiple files and user can choose which files should be downloaded.

Others:
1. Add Airtime fairness option in Wireless --> Professional
File Size
28,55 (MBytes) 2014.07.18 update

i read this changelog already but still it doesn't answer my question.

if anyone here using it, please reply.

i read this changelog already but still it doesn't answer my question.

if anyone here using it, please reply.

Well the change log tells all. If you don't see what you want it probably is not there. Good Luck !!

The new DPI engine is currently only available on the RT-AC87.

are you planning to add that feature in your firmware ? "Asus merlin" ?

Only on the same routers supported by Asus (which is currently only the AC87). The engine is currently linked against the Quantenna code, so it cannot be used on the AC56/AC68.

I have been having issues with 5ghz wifi degrading to pretty much un-useable. (I posted about it in the Merlin threads.)

My AC56U started acting up....so I replaced it with an AC68U. But now its doing the same thing.

From browsing around here, I am kinda getting the impression that this may be related to recent changes in the newer firmware versions.

I have been having issues with 5ghz wifi degrading to pretty much un-useable. (I posted about it in the Merlin threads.)

My AC56U started acting up....so I replaced it with an AC68U. But now its doing the same thing.

From browsing around here, I am kinda getting the impression that this may be related to recent changes in the newer firmware versions.
Same here. Seems like the 5ghz channel is also fixed to channel 36 no matter what channel you actually set manually

Same here. Seems like the 5ghz channel is also fixed to channel 36 no matter what channel you actually set manually

I havn't had that issue. I did have a hard time getting it to be on 80mhz....but that is a know issue, i believe, with he N+AC mode....you have to set it to "Auto" then apply, then you can change the channel. I have mine set to 149. Seems t be the best channel.

Well....got home from work today...and wifi is useless....

So much for downgrading to 3.0.0.4.374.5656 for the AC68U....

Is there any firmware that doesnt have this issue now?

I wonder if flashing newer firmware updates the Broadcom chips firmware...or something...so that even downgrading to older Asus firmware, won't revert those changes, because, I still have this wifi issue on older firmware. (Same with my AC56U...I revert to firmware from 2013, that I ran for months with o issues...and it still does this same wifi issue.)

This is very aggravating:mad:. Guess I just spent $200 for nothing...and I can't return it.....

I have only had two serious issues in the past with an Asus firmware update on my AC56U, to which caused me to have to downgrade(one was no WAN connection, the other was router would crash when running a torrent). However, those were fixed in a update later on.

Now however, this is just plain ridiculousness. Having to reboot router every few hours, just to use wifi.

I havn't had that issue. I did have a hard time getting it to be on 80mhz....but that is a know issue, i believe, with he N+AC mode....you have to set it to "Auto" then apply, then you can change the channel. I have mine set to 149. Seems t be the best channel.
That doesn't work for me. I changed to auto, applied, changed it to any channel, applied, and it seems to still be running on 36. The UI will still show and keep whatever channel I selected, but when I connect to the 5 Ghz ssid or use a WiFi analyzer it will show that the router is running on Channel 36.. :/.

Well....got home from work today...and wifi is useless....

So much for downgrading to 3.0.0.4.374.5656 for the AC68U....

Is there any firmware that doesnt have this issue now?

I wonder if flashing newer firmware updates the Broadcom chips firmware...or something...so that even downgrading to older Asus firmware, won't revert those changes, because, I still have this wifi issue on older firmware. (Same with my AC56U...I revert to firmware from 2013, that I ran for months with o issues...and it still does this same wifi issue.)

This is very aggravating:mad:. Guess I just spent $200 for nothing...and I can't return it.....

I have only had two serious issues in the past with an Asus firmware update on my AC56U, to which caused me to have to downgrade(one was no WAN connection, the other was router would crash when running a torrent). However, those were fixed in a update later on.

Now however, this is just plain ridiculousness. Having to reboot router every few hours, just to use wifi.

Reflash the router, reset it, flash it again and reset it again.

You need to get all the parts of the newer code/driver out of the routers system.

Reflash the router, reset it, flash it again and reset it again.

You need to get all the parts of the newer code/driver out of the routers system.

I did that a few times with my AC56U. Reset, and flashed firmware(current and older) via recovery mode. Still have issues.

That doesn't work for me. I changed to auto, applied, changed it to any channel, applied, and it seems to still be running on 36. The UI will still show and keep whatever channel I selected, but when I connect to the 5 Ghz ssid or use a WiFi analyzer it will show that the router is running on Channel 36.. :/.

Does the wireless log page say its on ch 36 too?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!