What's new

AC78u and Mac wireless issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

garethsnaim

Occasional Visitor
Hi team, with a not great experience of the R8000 I sent it back and swapped with the Ac87u to replace an 86u.

Whilst it is for the most part better, I do get occasional issues whereby my mac will immediately connect to the wireless but there is no internet, under the wireless view on the mac it says connection but internet unavailable. I also cannot connect to the router or anything. Its almost like a DNS issue but its not.

I read a thread here with similar issues. However where others are complaining of wireless degradation, if I get a proper connection its perfect hour after hour. Its just this occasional hiccup when connecting. In my experience it tends to be where I have shut my macbook then opened it only a few minutes later.
My wifes macbook is the same.

There isn't really a consensus on the other thread, is this just something thats not going to resolve. I had no such issues on the 86u?

I am running the latest merlin, but the issue was present on the stock firmware. There was no such issue on the netgear.

Wow... maybe go back to the RT-AC68U...

AC1900 class is the sweet spot right now - performance, stability, and value - and your Macs aren't going to run any faster than the AC1900 class...