What's new

ac87r as a bridge?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mike2h

Regular Contributor
does this router have same/any issues in bridge mode?
tired of messing with it, but would like t oget some sort of use out of it. rt now im using ac68p as my media bridge but if I go with one of asus newer routers(dont know which yet) then I can use the 87 and give the 68 to one of my kids- assuming the 87 is stable in bridge mode...
any/all help appreciated

your not going to achieve anything by getting an 87u v 68u as far as a media bridge goes as in my testing the both sync around the same even when connected to another 1733M router

so keep the 68u as your media bridge and give the kids the 87u for normal router use as its not that bad as a router well the two i have tested arnt

yeh but if I give the 87 to one of the kids they will be calling me to deal with it when it has problems:) I was hoping that the 87 was more stable in bridge mode(don't know if having it set at 2.4 vs 5ghz will make a diff) than router mode that way one of them gets a great stable router and I get rid of the 87 headaches.
ty

I was wondering something along the same lines. I was thinking about upgrading to the 88u (as a primary router), and then converting my 87u to a bridge, since I'm having problems with the 68u in bridge mode.

I decided to hold off for now, since I'm convinced that buying the newest Asus product isn't going to solve my bridge problems. I personally think the problem is inherent to all the Asus models 66u and newer.

the 68p works ok for me- an occasional(2-3 weeks) reboot and suspect speeds r bout my only issues. I would just like to get some return from the 87p and was really hoping it would be more 'stable' in bridge mode.
my 3100 gets her today and was really hopin someone that has used the 87 as media bridge will give some info so I know whether to bother using the 87 a bridge.
ty

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!