What's new

AC88U Cool Mount

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

izak

Occasional Visitor
Cool Mount!

I wasn't too pleased that my AC88U didn't have the T-slots for screw heads. I don't know if my particular unit was a tooling snafu or if that feature has been discontinued. But, on Amazon, I found some people who also were wanting to mount their unit and they couldn't as well. So I fretted with a couple of ideas and this was my second mounting idea that I implemented. My first idea was poor. But, this one is pleasing.

I took a left over piece of 1 inch square 16th inch wall aluminum and you can see what I did.
20160801_163557-1.jpg

Front View
20160801_163659-1.jpg

Top View

20160801_164040-1.jpg

End View
20160801_164453-1.jpg

Router Mounted

The two holes that mount the aluminum to the wall are drilled on the centers of my old N66U; since I already had sheetrock anchors on those locations. The two posts are some #10 screws that I had laying around.

The really cool part of this is that the mount serves as an air cooled heat sink. It is off the shelf and out of the way. The unit feels cooler now than when it was on my shelf. Once I feel that the wire ties are done stretching, I will snip the tail.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!