What's new

Accessing Plex Remotely broken on 376.48_1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jb68

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I can no longer access my server remotely on this new firmware, have tried a different router and works fine.

I usually access it by http://(my.ip or DDNS): (port mapped)/web.

I have checked the port forwarding logs and can see the port being forward, I have tried everything, but cannot access it (even tried manual port forwarding and disabling firewall).

Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Try disabling NAT acceleration under LAN -> Switch Control.

Try disabling NAT acceleration under LAN -> Switch Control.

Hi,

That seemed to fix it, thanks.

Do I need NAT acceleration enabled? I have 80mbps/20mbps Connection Speed.

Last edited:
Which specific router model do you have?

What is your ISP connection rated for?

With any reasonably new Asus router (RT-N66U or higher), as long as your ISP is rated at about 250 Mbps or lower, using NAT acceleration or not won't make a difference.

But if you have ~200Mbps to 1Gbps ISP speeds available to you, you'll see that depending on the router and the options or settings you're using, that your max possible WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN speeds are capped by the routers with lower end cpus and NAT acceleration disabled.

Which specific router model do you have?
What is your ISP connection rated for? BT Infinity -

With any reasonably new Asus router (RT-N66U or higher), as long as your ISP is rated at about 250 Mbps or lower, using NAT acceleration or not won't make a difference.

But if you have ~200Mbps to 1Gbps ISP speeds available to you, you'll see that depending on the router and the options or settings you're using, that your max possible WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN speeds are capped by the routers with lower end cpus and NAT acceleration disabled.

Asus - RT AC66U

Bt Infinity - 80mbps Down, 20mbps Up

Asus - RT AC66U

Bt Infinity - 80mbps Down, 20mbps Up

Not for those speed, no.

The AC66 can handle up to about 150 Mbps without HW acceleration.

I was having the same issue connection to various services on my server through my DDNS. Thankfully toggling that setting fixed it. For what it's worth, I did not have this issue with an earlier version of your firmware. I think it was 374.xx. I can't recall exactly which exact version I had.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!