What's new

Actiontec ECB6200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rpmartinez1987

Regular Contributor
I recently found a great offer for four Actiontec ECB6200s. My current internet speed is 600Mbps and honestly might reduce it to 300Mbps.
Should I buy the ECB6200? or go for something newer?

if you are going to 300 mbit isp, no reason to go higher
if may go to gbit, the use gocoax moca2.5

I recently found a great offer for four Actiontec ECB6200s. My current internet speed is 600Mbps and honestly might reduce it to 300Mbps.
Should I buy the ECB6200? or go for something newer?
Kinda tough to say sans pricing.

As for the speed of the ECB6200's, I'd assume that you're planning on installing at least a 3 node setup, so max shared throughput for the 3+ node bonded MoCA 2.0 network would be 800 Mbps. That's 800 Mbps shared between the forward and backward paths for each active connection; if you won't have much competition for throughput, it should be fine. (But, again, go/no-go would still depend on the price, I'd think.)

For comparison, a support-less Frontier FCA252 MoCA 2.5 adapter with 2.5 GbE network port can be had for $30 per via eBay.

edit: Related info:

Last edited:
Kinda tough to say sans pricing.

As for the speed of the ECB6200's, I'd assume that you're planning on installing at least a 3 node setup, so max shared throughput for the 3+ node bonded MoCA 2.0 network would be 800 Mbps. That's 800 Mbps shared between the forward and backward paths for each active connection; if you won't have much competition for throughput, it should be fine. (But, again, go/no-go would still depend on the price, I'd think.)

For comparison, a support-less Frontier FCA252 MoCA 2.5 adapter with 2.5 GbE network port can be had for $30 per via eBay.

edit: Related info:
I bought them for about $26 each. Looks like we’re going to keep the 600Mbps/30 Mbps. It’s too late to return them. Should I cut my losses and purchase the frontiers you mentioned?

I don’t think I mentioned it before but I bought four of the ECB 6200 H/W: 2C MoCA nodes and may need to buy two more nodes and not sure if I should buy the same model again off eBay or just buy all frontier 2.5 since they’re similar price.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!