What's new

Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Only if Asus does it first, as it is CPU taxing.

Only ac56 and ac68 might have it in the future.

Merlin, is there any way to integrate this "Adaptive QoS" into firmware for other routers ?

Currently not possible. Parts of it are closed source, and these parts are linked against the Quantenna client library, so the resulting binaries only work on the RT-AC87U. We'll have to wait and see if Asus implements it for the RT-AC56 or RT-AC68, which would allow me to support these two models with the Quantenna-free versions.

Merlin has more than once discussed this issue in posts. Search and you shall find.
Thanks but if I was able to find what I had asked in a previous thread, I wouldn't have made a new one. I'm well aware of how search works.

Currently not possible. Parts of it are closed source, and these parts are linked against the Quantenna client library, so the resulting binaries only work on the RT-AC87U. We'll have to wait and see if Asus implements it for the RT-AC56 or RT-AC68, which would allow me to support these two models with the Quantenna-free versions.

Thank you Merlin. It was just something I thought would be interesting to add to current routers, if possible.

What's the difference between this and the L7 up/down capable QoS in recent versions of Tomato?

What's the difference between this and the L7 up/down capable QoS in recent versions of Tomato?

TrendMicro's engine is far more advanced at detecting types of traffic, and is also probably more efficient as well.

TrendMicro's engine is far more advanced at detecting types of traffic, and is also probably more efficient as well.

Neat! When they - or you - get that working, I'm buying a new Asus router. RT-N66U can't handle 100/10mbps with Tomato QoS.

Merlin, have your sources given you any indication of whether this may happen? Debating if I should return my AC68U while I still can and grab the 87U... This new QoS sounds very nice.

Merlin, have your sources given you any indication of whether this may happen? Debating if I should return my AC68U while I still can and grab the 87U... This new QoS sounds very nice.

I have no definite answer on this one yet, sorry. I know they have a few technical limitations to work around first - the current rootfs partition on the AC68 is too small. There are ways to resolve this, but none (so far) are simple.