What's new

Additional test

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toor

Regular Contributor
i was wondering if you could run an additional test on the routers you review.

You usually run tests on the usb/esata drives you connect for speed. but could you also run a test with the drive formated as ext3 as well as the fat/ntfs.

Since most of these routers are linux based and alot of the people who put drives on them would probably permanently leave them attached; a comparison would be nice to see the difference when they are not seeing the slowness of the additional overhead of the ntfs driver.

Thanks,

The issue is that most routers do not support ext3/4. They may be linux based, but with the shipping firmware, most only support FAT32 or NTFS. Some will support exFAT. I haven't see any that actually support ext3/4 out of the box.

The issue is that most routers do not support ext3/4. They may be linux based, but with the shipping firmware, most only support FAT32 or NTFS. Some will support exFAT. I haven't see any that actually support ext3/4 out of the box.

Really? Cause all of the asus routers I have used do, the new netgear does as well.

The asus ones even have mkfs.ext3 and mkfs.ext2 commands built in.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!